Navionics Canadian Lakes App for smart phone?

Black_Blade

I recently upgraded to the Xperia Arc and noticed there is a Navionics app for it. Lots of lakes, but just wondered if anyone has tried this app and if so how good is it. It is $13 for the app, so its not a major investment lost if its not any good, but thought I'd throw it out there and see if there is any feedback about it.

there was a topic here about it not so long ago,i wanted to get it but after going to their website i looked at the list of lakes they have and not one of the lakes i like to fish were on there.

I have Navionics on my HTC and also on iphone and it works and is accurate. I don't really get cell phone coverage for most of the area I fish however so don't use it much.

yes, that is a good point, but does the fact that you can't get cellular coverage affect whether it can connect to the gps signals? I have the option to turn on gps reception... :dunno:

It's a great app for the price. I have it on my iPhone and love it. Well worth the ~$15!

The GPS on you cell phone is not true GPS. Real GPS units use satellites to triangulate your location. Cell phone "GPS" uses cell towers to calculate your position.

The GPS on you cell phone is not true GPS. Real GPS units use satellites to triangulate your location. Cell phone "GPS" uses cell towers to calculate your position.

What you are referring to is A-GPS (cell tower triangulation) Alot of phones these days have a true GPS receiver. (iPhone, HTC, etc etc) that work just fine even when out of cell range.