Personal Fishing Pontoons...?

Lionized

I have had both and if you are not going to be hauling it far and you have the room to leave it inflated the pontoon gives you the ability to sit above the water and even use an electric motor on the larger ones.

Art

Definitely a pontoon, I love mine. Especially with the electric on the back! Also you stay up and out of the water, that's a huge bonus. I wouldn't dare take a float tube to some of the places I fish with my pontoon. Especially in the fall/winter.. You'd freeze to death.

I have a pontoon with a trolling motor, float tube and a hybrid type thing. I think pontoon would win for the reasons already mentioned. Out of the water, ability for a motor. Also can carry a lot more gear if need be, can kick and oar, pretty stable. My pontoon has a nice sturdy cushioned seat so its really comfy to sit in all day. Float tube has a foam seat with straps to adjust the slant position. Not so comfy after 2 hours. Rough on the back. But the float tube still has its purpose - smaller back lakes where you have to hike in to, they would be more convenient. Just get them all and then some!! I have three personal floatation fishing devices, a canoe, two man kayak and an inflatable boat. You should see my garage!