Title of my day: "One and Done"

mbosh1980

Snuck out for a bit this aft once the sun came up for some carp. Tried a local creek but the flow was washing a lot of junk downstream with the rain and fouling my line. Picked up and moved to my regular spot. Within 20 mins I noticed my line go totally slack (for once I was paying attention and not just listening for my baitclicker). I reeled in until I felt some weight and then the fish took off. At first I thought it was a little guy and then he turned into a rock and I could barely gain any line. I made sure not to horse it and finally got it in the net after three tries (hence I need a bigger net).

It was my longest carp to date but not as fat as my previous pb from a couple weeks ago. Hard to tell which one weighed more. 37" x 24.5"

I once again regret not having a scale but was holding off on the purchase until I get the inevitable bass pro gift cards for my birthday.

Figured it wasn't going to get any better than that, so decided to pack it in on a high note.

DSC08041-1.jpg

Was fishing an inline bolt rig with a piece of tutti fruity monster maize. I figured the upsized bait (from regular corn) would be more visible in the murky post-rain water.

Edited by Bosh