Question for the truck/car guys

Gerritt

this past weekend I was not able to start my truck.. after some trouble shooting I figured it was the starter. I was right.. the positive cable had corroded to the point where the connector fell apart.

so after alot of curse words, and a fat man under his truck I put on a new connector and viola she started to run again.

I was told to disconnect the negative off the battery while performing the operation on her.. (which I did)

But now I have a new problem.. Since doing this (fixing the cable) my airbag light is flashing in a series of timed flashes.. could the two be related? is there something I need to do to correct this? ie. a series of turning the key etc to reset the airbags??

anyone else every hear of this before?

Did I do something wrong? or is this a known bug in F150's?

thanks in advance.

G

Hi Gerritt.

The flashing you are seeing is a code in the SRS (supplemental restraint system).

You may have a problem in the system or possibly when you reconnected the battery it may have triggered the flashout.

Have not seen this happen before.

Try disconnecting the battery for twenty minutes to drain the SRS capacitor charge and retry it.

Let me know how you make out with it.

Not sure if this helps or not and whether it is related between brands

Buddy of mine has a newer Chev and the dealer needs to change the battery so he says when it is disconected it cycles the computer somehow and needs to be reset in the shop could be some kind of theft thing not sure or a safegaurd of some sort if you go into a dealer they will usually cough up information or go online to some forums and see if someone else had the same issues

Peter

Like mentioned above, disconnect the battery for an hour and then reconnect. If it's still lit, you have to take it in for diagnosis. I would leave messing around with the airbag to a professional. Good luck, hopefully it just needs to be reset.