channel cats

beginner

Hi guys and girls I need help again... I need your knowledge how to catch a channel catfish.. I never catch one of these before but I thought I give it a shot.. but first need to know where is good start to fish for them... I search for some of the location such as Dunnville, maitland, st clair, london, simcoe , ottawa.. but not sure where to go.. We all know that gas is very expensive now a days and as a newbie to this species I need the expert help: :worthy: didnt want to waste gas As I live 2hrs away from all this location (scarborough) .. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging about it.. my apologies..:( So I need help where to fish for them, I'm not asking for your hotspot but just to bring me to the right direction... Also what is the best bait for cats?... do I need to buy it from fishing store or I can make it myself?? Also I will be fishing in a shore... so shore fishing is preferable pls..

thanks for all the help.. All the cats experts pls drop me a line or two.. or pm me...:unsure:

bfisher

Edited by bfisher

The Town of Pembroke, Ottawa river offers some of the best channel catfish action anywhere. Not the real monsters like Dunnville but it can be non-stop action and good shore access.

For me the best bait is hands down frozen mackeral chunks. The skin is tough and stays on the hook, the bait is oily and if they is a catfish around it will eat this. Just get a frozen mackeral at the grocery store and cut small steaks about 1 inch thick.

Mikecatssml.jpg

The Town of Pembroke, Ottawa river offers some of the best channel catfish action anywhere. Not the real monsters like Dunnville but it can be non-stop action and good shore access.

For me the best bait is hands down frozen mackeral chunks. The skin is tough and stays on the hook, the bait is oily and if they is a catfish around it will eat this. Just get a frozen mackeral at the grocery store and cut small steaks about 1 inch thick.

Mikecatssml.jpg

Do you eat them that big?

smelly shrimp didnt work yesterday. But then again only saw 2 small sheephead (I think)in another boat to far away to tell for shure.

Oh yea 1 cat not mine dammit..

Lots playing on top though.

On the Grand River..

what a blast gona go back for shure.