Time to upgrade the fishfinder

So i have been looking at new fishfinders and would like some input. Not looking to spend a ton of cash, say between $300 AND $5OO. BPS has a humminbird 570 DI ($329)that looks like it might do the job for me. Let me know what ya think.

I am also looking to upgrade my finders, Lawrance has some really nice stuff on the market. For an extra couple hundred tho, I would go with and HDS 5 due to the abillity to upgrade and network. I think the HDS series will be around a long time. I can't see them packing any more tech into a fishfinder. I plan to get the HDS 5, then network it with a HDS 7 as a main unit. IMO that is. Happy hunting!

I just upgraded to HDS5's and Radioworld has the best prices and the best service. Lauwren used to work for Lowrance and now works at Radioworld and has first hand install and tech support experience like no other.

Upgraded to 4.0 software last night, it was very easy.

L---is for lots of fish

O---is for only one to buy

W---is for winning tourneys

R---is for right on the spot to fish

A---is for angling edge

N---is for nice features

C---is for catchin fish

E---is for excuses no longer needed

2008_1025trial0008.JPG

I added a Lowrance Elite 5 with GPS (not the DSI) to my boat this spring... absolutely love it so far. It was a bit over the $500 price you quoted, but mine came with a Navionics gold map chip as a bonus... ($598.45+ taxes @ LeBaron). I had looked at the same Humminbird as you, as well as the Lowrance Mark series, but when I saw this unit, I had to have it!