Carp picking up

well the water temps are rising and the bite is picking up... every tim i go out it seems like the fish are being more and more active... and the bigguns are starting to move around and feed a bit more

the other day i managed 13 carp with only 2 or 3 under 20lbs and a 28 topping off the day :thumbsup_anim:

no pics yet... i'll put some pics up when the 30lb fish start biting

hows the bite were you are?

At least your getting numbers. Are there any decent spot's around Oshawa,Whitby,Ajax area? Not sure if the carp world is as secretive but thought I would ask :P

Hope to see you get a 30lbr...wow I wouldn't mind the fight from a 10 :o

Thanks for the write up,

MTBF

At least your getting numbers. Are there any decent spot's around Oshawa,Whitby,Ajax area? Not sure if the carp world is as secretive but thought I would ask :P

Hope to see you get a 30lbr...wow I wouldn't mind the fight from a 10 :o

Thanks for the write up,

MTBF

Frenchman's Bay, Whitby Harbour, Intrepid Park, Stone Street Park, Lake View Park, Darlington, Courtice Lakeshore Beach, Bowmenville Marsh. Just use google earth. All those places have carp. ;)

I hit Port Perry (Scugog) and fished off the park down behind the big Independent store from 06:00 to noon . . . . flung at least 5+ pounds of corn and a pound of boilies out . . . . never got a sniff . . . . not another fisherman in sight? Signs there had been plenty of 'em there though . . . I could have picked up at least 3 - 4 bags of garbage, but I only had 2 empty bags in the van. I'm gonna pick up a new package of bags and use 'em if I go back next weekend. Water is still VERY damn c c c c c o l d, needs at least another 5 - 10 degrees to get 'em moving. Although it was quite warm there, a cold wind outta the north, and a storm front that had just moved through sure didn't help. I catch a lotta carp . . . . my very BEST day was 18 . . . . in about 8 hours, and they were hitting good . . . . to bait up, get a big one on, and fight & land him, every 20 minutes is quite a feat . . . . especially when the water's still cold . . . . perhaps I could sign up for lessons? Do you buy your sweet corn by the 1 gallon bucket . . . . must get VERY expensive?

I hit Port Perry (Scugog) and fished off the park down behind the big Independent store from 06:00 to noon . . . . flung at least 5+ pounds of corn and a pound of boilies out . . . . never got a sniff . . . . not another fisherman in sight? Signs there had been plenty of 'em there though . . .

I could have picked up at least 3 - 4 bags of garbage, but I only had 2 empty bags in the van. I'm gonna pick up a new package of bags and use 'em if I go back next weekend. Water is still VERY damn c c c c c o l d, needs at least another 5 - 10 degrees to get 'em moving. Although it was quite warm there, a cold wind outta the north, and a storm front that had just moved through sure didn't help. I catch a lotta carp . . . . my

very BEST day was 18 . . . . in about 8 hours, and they were hitting good . . . . to bait up, get a big one on, and fight & land him, every 20 minutes is quite a feat . . . . especially when the water's still cold . . . . perhaps I could sign up for

lessons? Do you buy your sweet corn by the 1 gallon bucket . . . . must get VERY expensive?

That may be too much bait... You want a lot of carp feeding and warm water temps(50+ degrees) for a pound of boilies and a couple pounds

of corn in a few hours...

Also... You can use cow corn from a feed store... Most people boil it... I soak it in a bucket in the driveway for a week... This way the corn is softer...

And it's about 10-15 dollars for 40kg of dry corn...

I ALREADY have a 40 kilo bag of cow corn, which I boil in strawberry KoolAid, vanila & anise. Plus a 40 kilo bag of chicken scratch, 25 kilo of dry molasses, 25 kilos of (coarse) wild birdseed, 40 kilos of pig chop, 40 kilos of calf starter & 15 kilos of bread crumbs for my groundbait baitballs. Anything I missed? (P. S. Ya can't OVERFEED carp, there isn't enough food out there to fill 'em up!)