Aluminum boat lift options

GBW

Hey all.

I have an aluminum boat lift and it's rather heavy lugging in and out of the lake by my self (most of the time). Is there any options that you know that I can buy to wheel it in the water? I don't want to take the current feet off either. Thanks all.

Geoff

Here's one I put together on the Quebec side of Temiskiming in May of 2008.

Don't ever put one of those "umbrellas" on top. 3 days after install, and placement in the water, it was picked up out of the water.. cleared the dock and was found 1000 feet North of the property! (undamaged)

boatlift.jpg

boatlift2.jpg

Edited by irishfield

It's best to get a wheel kit from whoever sold you the lift, but there are a few aftermarket ones out there. These guys are in Minnesota, but they make a good product. The dealer locator on their website shows a dealer in Belleville.

I met these guys at the Winnipeg Boat Show back in March. They sell inflatable air bags that mount to the base of your existing lift, so you can roll it and float it into position, then deflate the bags and set it in place. Watch the video on the website to see what I mean. It's really slick, and lets you fine-tune the positioning really easily.

Hope that helps.

I let mine freeze in the lake, I figure since the legs are hollow they have ice inside in the winter to stop them from being damaged and when it thaws in 10 years i've never had a problem even when the ice comes in on our bay,