Mitchell lake

Rizzo

After careful consideration and input from OFC'er's I'm heading to Mitchell lake to hopefully clear some pike out of there. Not sure where the launch is but don't expect it will be too tough to find. Any idea which side of 48 I should be fishing on? Can I actually use the big motor on this lake or will it be all trolling motor all the time.

I would launch in Balsam where it goes in to the canal on balam lake drive transit the canal and your in Mitchell there is usually always parking there. Plus if you get board you can always pound that area of balsam.

dont know your start point but the lat and long from google earth is 44 34'40.62n 78 53' 43.04w

other option

there use to be a launch after you cleared kirkfield and you go across a bridge before you hit the shalomar its a provincial park and on the north side

peter

thanks guys. I've used that Balsam launch lots of times (to fish Balsam), just didn't know how long it would take to get to mitchell from there as I only have 4 or 5 hours to fish so time is valuable.

Boss, how did you guys do?

Although I'm pretty close to 100% catch and release, I will definitely do what I can to keep a pike or 6.