UFC 129

misfish

I was there to, and the energy level at that event was amazing! Had 2 fights break out behind me :stretcher: and many more elsewhere. Good time though!

Rob C

Were the two fights the ones that happened right as the event ended in the 100's? That was right below us in 239. I couldn't believe how long security and the cops took to get there.

I'm glad I stayed sober as people were pretty chirpy and pushy after the event.

My daughter thought it was a pretty cool kick too as she is trained to provide a vicious axe kick to her opponents face when the opportunity arises. (Beware teenaged boys that don't treat her with respect! ) :whistling:

ChanellewinsGold2010NationalChamp.jpg

She would be the cutie in the middle ;)

If I was GSP I would have done the same thing though it might not have been the most exciting but he also has a belt on the line and a huge check so easy to knock him but if you were in his shoes I'm sure you would do the same.

Id like to see a more amazing fight, but when so much is on the line.. ya gotta WIN....

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

that is why he is greatest technical fighter in mma i guess. he is able to contain whatever opponent he faces, although shields caught him with a few more punches than koscheck did.

i'd like to see him go up a class. :whistling:

Were the two fights the ones that happened right as the event ended in the 100's? That was right below us in 239. I couldn't believe how long security and the cops took to get there.

I'm glad I stayed sober as people were pretty chirpy and pushy after the event.

I was in the 200 level as well, the one I wore a little beer, the other was more of a pushing and shoving match and then security jumped in. Yup definitely too much boozy going on. There was some very interesting people there, but I think for 55 thousand people, overall it was pretty well behaved, and we have a lot more patriotic people in this country than I thought we had.

Rob C

I was in 241. Was 4 rows from the floor in Montreal when GSP won back the belt from Serra and got a sore neck from watching the giant screens overhead. We learned then 2nd level is better than 1st...and you thought the washroom line ups were bad on level 2, imagine below.

Nice send off for Couture. I think Hominick earned himself a rematch - the guy is all heart. GSP was GSP. Boring yes, but if you're Shields and you want the belt you have to take some chances. Challengers have nothing to lose whereas champions have everything to lose. You should see more chances taken by the challengers. With GSP, opponents seem scared (and have every right to be IMO) but I guess that is in large part because GSP is just that good.

As loud as it was at the Rogers Centre, I remember the Bell Centre as truly deafening for the GSP/Serra fight.

All in all, worth the price of admission except for the $10.25/tall boy of Keith's wallbash.gif