Chest Waders

Live2fish85

Hi everyone I am looking for a place to get a good pair of chest waders for a decent price I have looked around and the only place I have really been able to find them is on BPS and I'd rather find another store if I can before going there. I want to get Neoprene ones so if anyone has any thoughts it would be great. Thanks.

Chris.

Hi everyone I am looking for a place to get a good pair of chest waders for a decent price I have looked around and the only place I have really been able to find them is on BPS and I'd rather find another store if I can before going there. I want to get Neoprene ones so if anyone has any thoughts it would be great. Thanks.

Chris.

Wait for a sale at Canadian Tire... they were 60 or 70 bucks a couple weeks ago.

Wait for a sale at Canadian Tire... they were 60 or 70 bucks a couple weeks ago.

I got those ones as a back up as my good ones are up at the cottage. as a whole they are ok but the straps to keep them up suck!

Edited by GBW

I see Canadian Tire has a pair of chest waders on for 35 bucks so for now I will just get them and dress warm underneath lol. I didn't see any on sale at Lebarons and I want to make sure I'm getting a good pair if they are neoprene.

better get going as that sale price ends tonight when the store closes.

EDIT: PS, those are the ones I got as back up for taking the dock out in the fall

Edited by GBW

I see Canadian Tire has a pair of chest waders on for 35 bucks so for now I will just get them and dress warm underneath lol. I didn't see any on sale at Lebarons and I want to make sure I'm getting a good pair if they are neoprene.

I have those rubber ones... bought them 3 years ago and they still work fine. VERY uncomfortable in cold temps though, it's like walking inside hard plastic packaging. Wearing thick socks and thermal underwear helps.

...and dont use Skeeter's thermometer method with them hahaha

Thanks I just called my wife to stop and get them on the way home since she has the van. And skeeter thanks I'm to give it a shot never hurts to call and see thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

Chris

Good luck Chris. AS and FYI, I wear size 10 Airwalk's (shoes) and I needed a smaller wadder :unsure: yet my BUM Equip. winter boots are and 11? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Lol thanks. I have a pair up at my parents of the rubber one and I let my dad use them to put the stairs in and out and the water line and I know what you mean they are rough in cold water, But they are garbage now as my dad tore a hole in the crouch last year and I found out the hard way it was like skeeters thermometer lol. Not a pleasent thing I tell you jump in off of the break wall and walk out a bit and find out theres a nice hole. We all had a good laugh around the fire with some cold ones after.

Edited by Live2fish85

Thanks GBW my wife was just calling to see what size and I just read this I am the same size a 10 for shoes so I went with a nine good thing you posted that or I would have some huge boots to fill.

and the good news is you can exchange them for what's in stock after the sale if they don't fit well.... :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: PS, I didn't see any 1/2 sizes.

Edited by GBW

My wife said the same that they don't have half sizes so I just went with the 9 and that's good to hear I may have to exchange them for another pair lol.

Better safe and get the sale price and use them for your misc. times and current stuff while you source a better set for the future. And in the end, it still may cost less with both sets...

I wasn't saying to return them as they are good for the misc. times you need to get in the water for that price. you now have more time to find what you want and find them on sale and still have something to use. and you can go back and get the right size if they don't fit after the sale.

No I know I was just being a smartasshat.gif at first and thought I would make it known that I was just joking lol. I would rather have a back up pair like you were saying any ways then I won't be in the predicament I am now lol. I am definitly going to keep my eyes open for a pair of Neoprene ones I have read alot of reviews on the bass pro shop but I don't know if the people just say thing for the sake of complaining or what do you have any brands that you have had luck with or I should stick to. I've seen mixed reveiws about White River and RedHead any thoughts.

I have a set of the BPS ones now they are not neoprene, my next set will be neoprene. young_one got a great deal on some at BPS and I used them and they were nice. I just don't know what model # they were to help.

Edited by GBW

Ok thanks. I am just looking for something that will keep me warm and alst a bit. I have always been a bass and walleye fisherman plus perch and crappie but now I am dying to get out more and I want to get into trout fishing as I can go to the Niagara River in the winter I ice fished for a long time and then this winter I had enough after I have my hut and all my tavkle stolen from the ice down at Peir 4 in hamilton we walked around the corner to try off the point came back and it was gone. That was enough for me to just say screw it I will go and rent a hut up on Simcoe still the odd time but no buying huts any more I got it brand new at BPS for a pretty penny and gone after not even a month and a half thank god they didn't get my flaher as it was with me but everything else other then the chairs were gone. Sorry to ramble on lol.