ANOTHER OPENER REPORT

DMASSE

Well Its been awhile since I posted a good report.

So this year I had the Opportunity to help co-host a Quebec Fishing Show, We planned the outing for over 2 months. 6 Days of Ontario migratory Steelhead in a 2 part series. 3 Days on a Open Day Series and in 2 Weeks 3 Days on Drop backs. With the weather forecast that was being predicted I was getting a little nervous that I may have to cancel. We held off until last minute so that they didnt travel from Montreal for nothing... Thursday night we decided that it would be worth coming down, We planned to do the show on Sunday through Wed and Man they were excited. Friday around 4pm Some of them showed up at Gagnon's instead of Sunday ready to buy what they would need for the following days. Loaded with gear, we head to my house to prepare the plan of attack. With my 2 buddies Chris (ctranter) and Ken (Bowshep) and the 3 French fisherman we had a loaded car all eager to fish the private water that I am taking them to.

Friday night with the threat of rain we head to the river and started fishing. It was tough, I am very familiar with the river and its pool so fishing at night is easy for me, but for 5 of the others who are not familiar it was tie and retie, hook up and retie...

We decided to call it at 3am, head back to the house and sleep until 7, 8:30 and we are all sleeping I decided to wake the others and head back to the water. What a great day we had, with over 50 fish hooked and landed. Around 7 that evening we headed back to the house for some R&R watch the Montreal Game and to prepare the next days outing. Sunday morning 5 am we are all awake and we decide to head off the the private water just 3 km south of the original area. And again what a day every pool and every rapid was loaded with hungry steel. We again hooked and landed over 60+ fish, but this time we had to call it by 3 as my wife was having an Easter dinner at my house for my family and guest..

Unfortunately The 3 day forecast for Monday-Wed was going to be a wash out I had to make a tough call. I called Maxime and told him that I had to cancel due to weather for safety reasons and due to the fact that the river would be double double. He agreed and we decided to continue the 2nd half of the show in two weeks. but for the guys that came early we decided to fish Monday as planned and hope the rain held off for at least the afternoon, and man it was a good choice. I think with the barometric pressure dropping the steelhead were nuts, they hit anything that was thrown at them, jigs, flies, beads, worms roe, pink worms etc etc. We had a great day with 70+ fish caught and hooked up.

Wel That is Part 1 of the report I hope you enjoyed it here are a couple of pics for your enjoyment..

IMG_6141-3.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

8b870ec9.jpg

7f2c68ad.jpg

de8da636.jpg

fee016b5.jpg

d0bfd412.jpg

great report. Sounds like the timing was pretty well near perfect especially considering our crazy weather.

I have never in my life been with a group that caught over 20 steelhead in a day let alone 50 plus.