Tire talk NF

Jigger

Looking to buy some new tires for my 2007 Rendezvous as the belt has shifted in one of the front tires. Rear tires are pretty well done as well. So a new set of 4 is in order. I've done a little research on tires and am stuck now between the Pirelli P4 and Michelin Harmony/Destiny models. Anyone have an opinion on either of these tires? I've read similar questions on a few motoring forums, but the QandA usually reflects use on small cars and southern driving. Obviously, the users here share more similar driving conditions ie: towing, variable conditions, long distances, etc. Any help would be great guys. Thanks.

The car i bought used almost 2 years ago came with Michelin Harmony tires on the front.and i still have them on the car now with plenty of tread life left.i had them on during the end of winter last year and did decent in light snow.ive been to muskoka twice and espanola once during the year and a half. no complaints.

If you have a Costco membership check out the Michelin X Radial. Very good high mileage tire with a very quiet ride and excellent wet grip. For value for the $ this tire I think it difficult to beat.

Burt :)

Looking to buy some new tires for my 2007 Rendezvous as the belt has shifted in one of the front tires. Rear tires are pretty well done as well. So a new set of 4 is in order. I've done a little research on tires and am stuck now between the Pirelli P4 and Michelin Harmony/Destiny models. Anyone have an opinion on either of these tires? I've read similar questions on a few motoring forums, but the QandA usually reflects use on small cars and southern driving. Obviously, the users here share more similar driving conditions ie: towing, variable conditions, long distances, etc. Any help would be great guys. Thanks.

I have Pirelli's and they are noisy a hell. I just took off my snows and thought these tires are noisier than my snows. They came with the car when I bought them, but when I need new ones, I will definitely go with the Michelins.

Rob C

Thanks for the responses guys. After a little more research, I'm not sure the Pirellis are my choice. Either going with the hydro-edge or the Harmony. Looked into the X, but seems like its only available through Costco, which isn't even that great of a deal to begin with. Going to pit a couple of quotes against one another before making the purchase this week. Thanks again!

Thanks Dunner, thats the site I've been doing most of the technical comparisons. Theres nothing like a consumer review from people who've actually put some Kms on to get a better sense of what it is you're buying. Ended up with today off, so looks like I'll be out for some new treads shortly.

Michelin Harmony's are great tires. I had put 100k on my old Bonneville with a set of them and the tread was still great. I'd go Michelin over Pirelli for that type of tire. If more performance oriented, Pirelli hands down. Comfort and durability, Michelin.

+1 Toyo's

Switched from factory intalled Michelin's a few months ago to Toyo's on the recommendation of a few tire places and after reading a number of reviews on various forums and could not be happier - price wise and performance. This is on a 2007 MDX.

Went with the Pirellis after all. Rated very high in its class and after a small rebate comes in just under $800 installed, balanced and full alignment. Very smooth and quiet compared to what I was riding on. Thanks for all the input! See you on the road...