RV'ing to the Maritimes

MSBruno

Makes me homesick for NB reading this thread. Hopewell Rocks are a must, always loved going there as a kid. For a great adventure, St. Andrews for whale watching is second to none. I'll try and find the link for the operator we used over a dozen times! Enjoy this trip, you won't be disappointed.

here's the link for whale watching http://www.quoddylinkmarine.com/

as i was browsing the sight i remembered another great place in St. Andrews as well, the Huntsman Aqaurium. last time i was down 5 yrs ago they were closed for expansion so i can only imagine it's even better! http://www.huntsmanmarine.ca/html/aquarium.html

Edited by kenzy31

Super thread! :thumbsup_anim: Sue and I are planning to take a month in 2012 (we are thinking June) and head East. We both love almost any kind of sea food but lobster would be very high on our list. Any ideas of where the best lobster would be available that time of the year? We are thinking of just staying in little B&Bull and such, just be nomads for a month.

I'll be watching this thread for thoughts and ideas!

SOUTH SHORE DISTRICT 34

Funday National Park is an awesome park. Big sites with lots of privacy, water and sewer hook ups. Alma is only 5 minutes away with lots to do there, there is a great on the water lobster shop in Alma if you like FRESH Lobster, Hopewell Rocks is only 1/2 hour away good for a day trip, lots to do in Fundy National Park itself.

If you have some time on your way down or on the way back, there is a nice pictureque trialer park in Notre Dame du Lac, Quebec just on the Quebec/New Brunswick border. Really nice with beautiful scenery of the lake and mountains, I would have loved to spend a couple days there but we were on a schedule to get to Nova Scotia so we pulled in at 8pm and left at 9 am in the morning, waaaay to rushed.

If you like trendy, expensive and touristy Cavendish, PEI is the place. Not really my cup of tea but my wife had to see Anne of Green Gables. My son and I did a mackeral trip with joeys Deep Sea fishing out of Rustico which was an absolute blast! Lots of fishing opportunities in Cavendish, stayed at Cavendish Provincial park, wasnt a big fan, the beac was nice, the RV area was cramped feeling , maybe I was just spoiled from Fundy national park, I honestly wouldnt go back to Cavendish provincial park but there are lots of others in Cavendish.

Have fun, lots to do lots to see, take your time, something I wish we had more of when we went down there last summer.

Maritime people are the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. Makes me jealous of their lifestyle, very simple with good values.

Super thread! :thumbsup_anim: Sue and I are planning to take a month in 2012 (we are thinking June) and head East. We both love almost any kind of sea food but lobster would be very high on our list. Any ideas of where the best lobster would be available that time of the year? We are thinking of just staying in little B&Bull and such, just be nomads for a month.

I'll be watching this thread for thoughts and ideas!

Hall's Harbour is a known, overpriced, lobster stop out Fundy way. Don't waste your time in Eastern passage. If you're looking for fresh, cook your own, The are lots of small outports with available lobster. Parkers Cove comes to mind just before you get to Annapolis.

Just outside of Lunenberg is the Ovens. It is a nature park and campground. The caves are phenomenal, wit htours available when weather permits. An o.k. beach and panning for gold. Thing is you are in the midst of the south shore. Must stop in to the Fisheries Museum in Lunenberg. Don't know if your dates there would coincide with the dorymen's races. A few decent charter boats in Lunenberg that run you offshore for mackerel,pollock and cod. If you can, get off the 100 highways wherever possible and follow the old coast highway, else you see very little of the coast and Nova Scotia's rich maritime character. In Shelbourne the old boat shop was still hand producing the traditional dory. (they still took orders 5 years back) I could go on and write volumes about Scotia. I'm biased. Spent part of my childhood there with my aunt and uncle, and posted out there.