Curado baitcaster maintain

Guest LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

I was going through my manual for the Curado 201E7 to keep it maintained properly yet it shows no diagram on where i should apply the lubricant drops. If anyone can show me a diagram or picture where exactly to apply this i would appreciate it greatly. There are lots of warnings not to lub to much and areas that could affect the functionality.

Thanx.

Edited by LivingLegend

Unless you have dunked the reel you should only need a drop of oil on each of the three bearings on the spool shaft.

There is one bearing on each side of the spool and another under the tension knob that is under the crank handle.

If you have some lighter fluid you can wash the bearings out first and de-grease the centrifugal brake drum. If you don't have any don't worry, just oil the bearings.

Guest LivingLegend

Unless you have dunked the reel you should only need a drop of oil on each of the three bearings on the spool shaft.

There is one bearing on each side of the spool and another under the tension knob that is under the crank handle.

If you have some lighter fluid you can wash the bearings out first and de-grease the centrifugal brake drum. If you don't have any don't worry, just oil the bearings.

That sounds good. I havent submerged it under water (yet) so I will check out these three bearings. thanx for the tip!good.gif

It a bad time of year to send it in. But i just bought my second curado and was talking with the shimano rep. He informed me you can send you reels to shimano in peterborough, they will go through the entire reel for around $20. I will be sending mine in next winter.

Ouch!

personally, I wouldn't tackle a full tear down like that!

If you need to open-up the gear box, I think it's time to take that puppy back to Shimano.

It's a easy process. I basically played the first Shimano video over a few times then the 2nd,3rd etc...after watching it i had it ready for reference then did a full service to my curado, i put a piece in wrong a few times but finally got it...not that many parts to confuse you in these reels...now a spinning reel is a different story...no where where to start on those

Guest LivingLegend

Well I just picked up my Curado last year so not sure the full break down is needed. Just gonna give her alittle lubage yet for the future i will refer to those vidoes and save myself some cash that can go towards more tackle!!w00t.gif

Thanx guys!

It a bad time of year to send it in. But i just bought my second curado and was talking with the shimano rep. He informed me you can send you reels to shimano in peterborough, they will go through the entire reel for around $20. I will be sending mine in next winter.

Bud who fixed and maintained reels for shimano for years, and could service them with his eyes closed, I know I seen him do it has left shimano unfortunately

Bud who fixed and maintained reels for shimano for years, and could service them with his eyes closed, I know I seen him do it has left shimano unfortunately

That's too bad. When did he leave? Is he still gonna work independently?

Nobody could whip a reel back into shape like Bud could, most times at negligible cost.

it's always suggested that you take the reel out and re-grease/oil the reeel when you first got it, the bearings are always packed with grease and by doing your own lubing, you can greatly improve the performance on your reels..

and of course, you can upgrade the drag/bearings while you're at it, all my reels get the Carbontex drag upgrade with the exception of the Zillion Type R that has it already