Suggestions for a hand held fishing GPS?

mattybculp

I love my Lowrance H2Oc .. but I am not sure if you can get them on the retail market any more... I put a 1 gig chip and loaded up the Maps from the Topo maps (all of Ontario and most of quebec) - excellent unit .. batteries last all day (I always carry a few spares just in case) and seems to get pretty good coverage even in some pretty way-out terrain.

I love my Lowrance H2Oc .. but I am not sure if you can get them on the retail market any more... I put a 1 gig chip and loaded up the Maps from the Topo maps (all of Ontario and most of quebec) - excellent unit .. batteries last all day (I always carry a few spares just in case) and seems to get pretty good coverage even in some pretty way-out terrain.

Ditto for me. I found one on ebay for $80.00. Used it with my hotmaps from the boat unit and worked it on the ice all season. Love it!

Make sure its compatible with your main depthfinder if possible, that way you can transfer your waypoints back and forth and use the data on every trip.

excellent point. That's why I went with the H20 expedition. Compatible with my unit for boat. Been using it for 3 years no problems.