Senkos too heavy for shaky heads?

MSBruno

Yes, IF what you want is a stand-up presentation that can be worked fairly slowly, a lighter more buoyant worm will work better. Try the pro senko or the YUM finesse worm.

I find senkos on light jigheads deadly around timber and along deep weedlines: the jighead gives the senko a spiral fall that is just the ticket some days.

Never had that problem. How are you hooking them and what type of hooks and line are you using?

It's a new technique for me and I wish to try and I use senkos for wacky rigging. I waswondering if I could use the same senkos. They will be paired up with the MegaStrike Shakey Head hooks: http://www.megastrikefishingproducts.com/shop/pro-series-shakey-heads/

Mark

You could try using a senko (stick-worm) that has less salt. Gary Yammamoto 'senkos' have way more salt thnn some of the other brands out there, and thus they are heavier.

This is the whole basis to my post, not sure if they'll give me the right action and if I should or will have better action with floating tails or less-salt, finesse worms.

They aren't really designed for it, but why not just try it? What size are you using? The 3" ones might be a better choice, but I don't see why you couldn't do it with a 4" Senko. You might just have to impart a bit more action in it. It's a finesse technique, so the plastics designed for this type of fishing are probably more appropriate. It doesn't mean that a Senko won't work. Heck, it might even work amazingly well. I use the Yum, Zoom and Yamamoto finesse baits for this myself.