P-Line Stop Glue

Garry2Rs

Six months ago, when I was leaving Ontario, I made a post re:P-line's new glue for attaching lines together without knots. According to the liturature, it has other applications. For instance, a drop-shot rig can be constructed or a dropper hook attached to the running line, using beads above and below the hook and the special tubing as a stopper at either end Neat snell's can also be made using glue instead of knots...

It took until the Spring for Tackle Warehouse to get this stuff in stock.

Basically this is a Krazy Glue type of product, made especially for fishing line.

The kits comes with a handful of soft plastic tubes with different inside diameters.

For mono to mono, mono to fluoro or fluoro to fluoro joints, you slide a one inch piece of a tube of the nearest diameter onto the lines, wrap the lines around each other a couple of times, apply a drop or two of glue at the overlaps and quickly slide the tubing over the splice.

The glue sets up very quickly, but there is ample time if you work smoothly.

Again, according to the literature, this joint is stronger than the original lines!

Mono or Fluoro to Braid is done in a similar fashion, but the lines are looped, so that you twist and glue braid to braid and the leader material to itself, then cover it with the tubing as before.

My main interest was to see if I could glue leaders into hollow core braid. If this works, it would eliminate the need for a nail knot or serving (winding) on top of the joint. This union doesn't really need to be super strong, it just protects the end of the braid from fraying and the leader from slipping when the hollow core is slack.

I have made up two glued joints to test, but so far I have not caught anything big enough on really stress them.

Pike will be open in my area on May 21st...I will let you know how these glued joints hold up.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs

sounds like this would be a good test for Mr sinclair?

just a thought?

see how it holds up?

Now there's an excellent idea, I will make up some test units when I get home...

Grinning like the Mad Scientist...Yahahaha.

Edited by garry2rs

Now there's an excellent idea, I will make up some test units when I get home...

Grinning like the Mad Scientist...Yahahaha.

I can come over and pick up the demo units for Sin if we can get out and fish for a bit Garry... :whistling: Hell, his place in between yours and mine... :rolleyes: