NOT Putting fish over cobourg creek this year??

chessy

Had a conversation with a fellow ganaraska fish way operator and he tells me the mnr are not going to allow rainbows over the ladder so they can protect the atlantics... this seem outrageous to hurt a fishery that is doing fine to help out a fishery that may not make it two destroy one to help the other makes no sense to me

Just curious . . . . what does Cobourg Creek have to do with the Ganaraska fishway? Over in Cobourg Creek there IS no fishway . . . . every spring Ron & other members of OFC go over to the dam on Cobourg Creek and hand lift the rainbows over? Does this mean there will be no volunteers at Coboug Creek, or are they going to block the fishway on the Ganny up by #401? I'm cornfoooosed?

Just curious . . . . what does Cobourg Creek have to do with the Ganaraska fishway? Over in Cobourg Creek there IS no fishway . . . . every spring Ron & other members of OFC go over to the dam on Cobourg Creek and hand lift the rainbows over? Does this mean there will be no volunteers at Coboug Creek, or are they going to block the fishway on the Ganny up by #401? I'm cornfoooosed?

No, they won't block the Port Hope fishway off, this just has to do with the stocking of Atlantic Salmon in the upper Cobourg Creek that they are trying to "protect", apparently. At least that's what I think they mean.... correct me if I'm wrong though.

sorry it was late at night when i got the message... the fishladder guy was talking to the mnr because the coboug creek lift uses stuff from the fishladder at the ganny. he was told there would be no cobourg fish lift this year .

So, a 'fellow" told you this chessy?

ya like i said in the following post it was late at night... should have said another long time 20 year Volunteer, but fellow will work. A fellow in the broadest sense is someone who is an equal or a comrade.

Edited by chessy