Spring trout by boat?

mike rousseau

Just wondering if anybody targets browns or rainbows on lake O by boat...

Ive seen videos on YouTube of guys trolling planer boards close to shore and getting browns and I thought that it would be fun to try and give me a chance to go for a boat ride...

Edited by Musky Mike

Yep......planer boards will get you the most fish.....but long lining will still get you some fish....as said top baits are Rapala's in Orange, Blue, Gold or Silver....stick baits (long thin Rapala's) work best in very shallow water (5-8') while the jointed Rapala's will dive down to 8' so their best in the 10-15' areas.

Look for small cup bay areas that trap warm surface water on light wind days....and dress WARM...65 degrees on land will be 40-45 degrees on Lake Ontario.

Bob

So are they pretty much everywhere along shore or in bays closest to river mouths or at river mouths???

The video I saw the guys were right near Toronto... You could see the cn tower in the background

They are attracted to warmer water areas.

If this is something you never had done before it's best to follow the crowd until you learn the best spots on your own...My favorite were east of the lower Niagara River and east and west of Olcott Harbor.

go with J-9 rapalas with in- line boards or planing boards, J-9's or J-7's will get you alot more hits, colour is a day to day thing. Downsizing to J-9 will pick you up alot more fish as well as using boards.get out early morning if your going to hit 10'-20' water the fish are in there,the fishing can be crazy this time in the morning with multiple hook-ups.Doubles and triples are not uncommon early morning shallow running, you hit a school of hungry fish and watch out, it can be some of the best fishing the lakes have to offer \

Are there many good areas on tge eastern end of lake O?

I'm coming from the east... Near Ottawa and Montreal

Not sure if the eastern end but down here between Jordon Station and Grimsby can be crazy, I'll put it to you this way last march 2guys, me and my buddy, trolled 4 different coloured J-9 0range, Blue, Black/Silver, Black/Gold and had 4 fish on at once.Your allowed to troll 2 lines per angler on lake O but it's somthing when you got 4 fish on 4 lines and 2 guys. We landed 3 and ended up with 16 landed in an afternoon.I have to be honest planer boards and early season trolling is the greatest Lake Ontatio trolling there is, I put against big ole July & August pig fish'in any day

my daughter wants to go fishing.

any chance browns or any thing could be found close to humber/etobicoke or credit river?

strictly casting out from shore into the lake.

my understanding is that the rivers down here are out of bounds.

checked the regs .

they seem a little unclear ?

any help woud be welcome. Gonefishing.gifthumbsup_anim.gif