GPS Mapping Card

Billy Bob

I have a 2008 Navionics Premium East Card that I use for most my areas and it was also good for Stoney Lake 2 years ago.....but now with a trip up to Cliffs on Sturgeon Lake this year I was hoping it would cover me there also...but guess what...the card stops at Pigeon Lake.... :wallbash:

So my question is....does anyone have a card that covers Sturgeon Lake and what card is it ? :dunno:

Bob

Hi Bob,

I know that Cliff bought a new Lowrance unit for his Princecraft last year. I am sure he has the right card for Sturgeon. Knowing Cliff I am sure he will work something out for you.

After pulling the EAST card out for the numbers that Roy requested I was going to put in a card that covers the French River but this card doesn't have depths, etc......LOW and BEHOLD I found the CANADA HotSpots Premium card purchased about 3 years ago and it in deed covers all the Kawarthans including Sturgeon Lake...DUH ! ! ! :wallbash::whistling::D

I have got the latest Navionics Hotmaps Canada card(MSD/HM-C). It does have Sturgeon Lake and it is in HD, which means more contour lines and detail compared to the older Hotmaps Premium cards.

Problem is my "old" LMS 520c unit will not compute anything above a Premium card.

The most recent Hotmaps Canada card will indeed work on your LMS-520. I know a few friends that run that card on that exact unit! :good:

Yes and NO......Hotmaps and Hotmaps Premium will work in the LMS 520c but NOT Hotmaps Platinum as per Navionics own website....http://www.navionics.com/MarineCompatiblePlotters_PlatinumPlus.asp?GuideType=1

So be careful what you buy....taking the map cards can be almost impossible to take back once opened.

Bob