Pump priming

HTHM

I am having one heck of a time getting my water pump to prime. It is a deep well system with two lines going to the well. I changed the foot valve this evening and the pump this morning, the question I have is: The device that the foot valve screws into, is it specific to a pump or is it universal? I am talking about the "jet" (venturi) that is on a jet pump.

My well is 36' deep, the line is at 34' formerly 35ish. I am really scratching my head on this one guys.

Any help is appreciated, I NEED a shower :whistling:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5003958_prime-jet-water-pump.html

Saves some typing.. hopefully you have a tub of water or a close neighbours tap to get buckets of water.

I have done that procedure adnauseum, gone through three water cooler containers of water, it gets to 20 pounds and sits there with an occasional jump to 40 pounds.

sounds like one of the lines going ito the well have a hole/it took me 5 times to finaly see it.

if it takes more than 15 minnuts and the pump sounds like its trying to grab water /and you know the foot valve is woorking /take a break.

i went through this process for way to long.

if thiss sounds familar.

change your lines or...

get a submercable pump/and a new line./and get your well cleaned!!!FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!@!!

I learnd the hard way!!

if you buy the pump and line yourself you can save some cash.

the well needs to be cleaned by a certified LOCAL well guy he wil know best!(DO IT)

you wont regret it.

it should cost about 1100 to clean the well and about 350/450 to make all final connections plus cost of pump

2000 when its all said and done!

believe me thats the easy way out

good luck thumbsup_anim.gif

I have found the best method to prime a pump is with a good suction pump,such as a guzzler.

My last lake house had a deepwell pump with 2 lines,it doesn't take very much air to screw up the priming process.The suction pump primes your system rite from your well,when you get only water out the discharge you are good to go.