Real Bearings replacement

goteeboy

Hi OFNers

I'm getting the gear ready for a new softwater season and a couple of my baitcasters are in need of some new bearings, at least I think it's the bearings since it's casting a bit loud and rough. I usually clean, lube and maintain my own gear, but I might need a pro for these two reels. I guess I have two questions.

1. Is there a place locally in the GTA where I can buy these bearings?

2. Is there a place locally in the GTA that's a top notch reel servicer?

Thanks.

riverfisher is right, and the Boca Orange Seal are pretty well the best bearings you can get. I have them for my Calcutta TE100GT spool and they cast a country mile with a nice light lube.

Hey bdox

Regarding the boca orange. do they require oil or no?

thanks.

Literally one drop of oil is all I put in mine, and that is good for the whole season. During the winter months I will take them out and soak them in lighter fluid, dry, and add a drop of oil. (make sure to remove the seal before soaking, as they are synthetic). The balls are ceramic hybrid, so they will never corrode.

If your reel uses the Shimano anti-rust bearings they are already about as good as it gets.

A skilled reel mechanic can polish the working surfaces IE spool shaft etc. to make the reel even better. Changing the bearings without a good polishing job might be just mental masturbation.

I know a guy in Wistuffa Kansas who is very good, but it means mailing the reel to the USA...

PM me if you want details.

Garry2R's