Need a new trigger rod.

GBW

So, what new rod to buy to go with the new baitcaster? the St. Croix Triumph, Wright & McGill Skeet Reese Signature Series or Gary Loomis TFO Signature one? For the rod I have $100 to spend and it's going to be a backup to sit in the boat when needed (well, that's the plan). It will be a jerkbait rod for casting and trolling. Thoughts?

Geoff, you could always donate your $100.00 to the Mrs Leechman's YBC fund so that she can tag along with my daughter in Saskatchewan :whistling: j/k j/k :lol:

You have too many options in my opinion mon ca-pi-ten :whistling::)

They're all good choices ;) make your pick :D

So, what new rod to buy to go with the new baitcaster? the St. Croix Triumph, Wright & McGill Skeet Reese Signature Series or Gary Loomis TFO Signature one? For the rod I have $100 to spend and it's going to be a backup to sit in the boat when needed (well, that's the plan). It will be a jerkbait rod for casting and trolling. Thoughts?

I am a Shimano guy when it comes to rods but I did recently buy my first ever St.Criox rod a mojo seems a decent rod for the money.

a Mojo isn't out of the question. I'm just going off what I was looking at on the BPS site for ideas. Looks means nothing to me, how it feels in my hand and how it performs using it for jerkbaits is what I'm looking for. the part about "in my hands" can wait till I get to the store. I'm just looking for ideas and feedback. Cheers.

Geoff

I own a Mojo bass wacky style 6'8 med x fast tip and its great the best rod I have owned I like them better then my Shimano. They have great sensitivity and and good power I will own many St. Croix Rods in the future. Hopefully some Legendary rod and others but till then my wallet can't afford them so mojo is a great choice. I'm getting the mojo bass trigger rod next saturday myself I was checking it out there a few weeks ago and i thought it felt great. I'm going to bed adding the Pro Qualifier reel as well from bass pro shop. I think you will be pleased with the rod for the money.