Turkey seminar and course 3/24

lilkynan

Great course - was expecting more of an "up-sell", but not bad.

They fellows who did the presentation, John and ?? - were excellent. Also saw a couple that were in my group from the Wolfs Den course when I did my Pal and Ontario Hunting course -

31 sleeps to go to TURKEY season!!!!!!

Will keep you all posted!!!!

Could have had many today on the drive to TO. 5 standing on the side of the highway between the 400 extension/11/400 interchange and duckworth exit on the West shoulder..walking along picking thru the gravel. Many flocks wandering the fields with the snow melt. Biggest flock/gaggle I saw was on the sod farm just south of 89. My "herd" is still running around the house on a daily basis...MISFISH get up here...

the turkey course is a waste of both time and money. seriously, anyone that doesnt have enough common sense to know all the stuff that they "teach" you at the courses shouldnt even be allowed to hunt anything.

I take offense to that comment, I could say that maybe you're **, but I didn't, I just thought the thought to myself. <_< The unfortunate thing is you don't get the turkey tag without the course.

Edited by Fisherman

I take offense to that comment, I could say that maybe you're **, but I didn't, I just thought the though to myself. <_< The unfortunate thing is you don't get the turkey tag without the course.

the turkey course is just another money grab if you ask me....

as for eating wild turkey. the best method by far is to deep fry them in peanut oil. the oil is a little pricey so its a good idea to buy the proper filters so you can reuse it.

It's kinda sad, but they probably wouldn't have the course if it wasn't for some of the things that have happened in the past.

Guys getting a shotgun blast in the face because their cigarette pack had blue/red/white on it, etc. The way they are hunted makes the activity more accident prone, not to mention most of the zones are in the south where there's less land and more hunters.

Our turkey hunt is also relatively new. If they tried to impose a mandatory seminar for something like deer hunting it would get a lot more backlash. The deer hunt's been around forever, and all you've ever needed is a tag and hunter's safety. The money helps too.

I think one of the utmost important thing that should be stressed when it comes to hunting is knowing what you're going to kill or shoot at. The last time I wanted to scout the Minising swamp, 6-7 years ago, the CO stopped me and asked if I knew where I was going, sure up to the iron bridge, bad move it's full of a particular ethnic group. One twig cracks and world war 3 erupts. If you don't see and look what your shooting at, then maybe you should wear ear plugs so you can't hear it either.

Well - I am a Newbie - and maybe $35 bucks to me was a good deal - I learned one thing. Dont want to tell what is was, but I picked a new thing up. Also doing a lot of reading, talking and asking questions. When I do something, I do it to the very best, most professional, knowledgeable level I can be before trying anything. If I cannot be a perfectionist, and pass this knowledge to my kin and friends, then I have done wrong.

So - as a newbie - I am still learning - and as an experienced person in several other fields of outdorr acivities, work, life, family - I am always learning.

There are no short cuts - and thinking you are the know it all - will make you a person who needs to learn

To all others who are learning and enjoyed the course for this new hobby I discovered - Have a great season and keep in touch

Greg