Night Fishing?

Photoz

I'm toying around givin' the 'bows a try in the wee hours tomorrow. I've often caught salmon, on glow-in-the-dark Cleos, or roe bags off botton or under a float . . . . but I've gone out many times for 'bows, a couple hours before first light . . . . rarely ever got one befoe the eastern sky starts to lighten. Are the not a night feeder? Anybody else ever have any luck at night?

Not sure about rainbows but have caught browns and lakers in the dark....well the laker was on a glow spoon so that don't count. I would think you would be able to float for them at night....try using some wrapped shrimp as bait for extra scent!

I've caught lots of bows in the dark.

Fishing spots you frequent as a matter of fact. The lower stretches of most tribs, in the slow, deep pools. Just a roe bag on bottom......set it in your holder and sit back.

I find nice juicy bait seems to make a difference.

We would go down, light a small fire, and shoot the bull for hours......we'd haul a few fish too.

Sinker

yes i have had pretty good success for bows at night usually early in the morn.. :Gonefishing: .like from about 3am till daybreak....then i leave before the crowds come STOMPING DOWN THE BANKS.....they can get quite lively just before the first hint of daylight....big juicy roe bags or a lively red wiggler will often do the trick....give it a try....cheers good luck :thumbsup_anim:

Lake Memphremagog Quebec (wrong spelling) I'm a warm water fisherman, love bass at night. But at my buddies turf, he caught 3 Rainbows, 1 Brown off his dock, and me a bite and a fight and lost. Figure it was a Rainbow. Bottom line he was my Guide, he was surprised, his Dad figured it was luck(Vet) and my buddy figured it was the bait Grubs. What I think now. Luck, We were at the right palace at the right time.