BIG SIMCOE LAKER!

BIG FISH

got out today to test the dune buggy on the ice started out at gilford and worked our way up the lake catching lots of little perch we finally ended up near a group of huts near fox island. dropped the fish finder in and marked 80 fow, and fish on screen we thought here we go, hopefully catch a whitie or two for dinner. drop the spoons down and bam more perch :dunno: we were pissed cause we had been catching perch all day and wanted something bigger. so we sat there for a bout half an hour catching dink perch and finally we said ok lets get out of here so i reel up my line and pack it up, then my dad reels in his line pretty fast, and a mark on the finder comes screaming in after it. his spoon is now about 15 feet below the ice and the fish is charging it from the depths i said to him stop reeling for a sec and let it sit there. BAM! the fish slammed right in to it , my dads little perch rod with 4 lb line bends right over and the drag starts going. after about 5 mins his rod breaks right in half :thumbsup_anim: got the fish we were looking for !!! and the dune buggy ran great !!!!

fish measured 33" long 18" girth and was released, he was puking up 6" smelts when we brought him up

008-2.jpg

heres a better pic of the dunebuggy if anyone is interested

pictures011.jpg

and a couple from on the ice today

1.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Edited by BIG FISH

Wow, that is a beauty laker, did you have to hand bomb it after the rod broke?

Cool buggy, bet that is fun out there on the ice :thumbsup_anim:

no he kept reeling it in the top half of the rod when down the line to the lure but the other half was still good lol

Congrats BIG FISH on that beauty hog :clapping::thumbsup_anim:B)

thanks for the comments guys my dad was super happy it was his biggest fish threw the ice, and also his pb laker

does anyone know if they are good to eat that size? it was such a baeutiful fish we couldnt chop it up

Edited by BIG FISH