Nip trip

glen

Went to the south shore of Nip for three days. Used lake nip fishing charters. They have on ice bungalows for up to six people. Got to the lake and saw 8" of water on top and high winds. So we fished inside and caught some perch. High wind all night was noisy and we didn't sleep well. It was cold and the lake froze. Fished hard sat and buddy caught a small wally. The wind let up before dark so me and my bud fished outside and watched the sun go down. Had a fish fry and drank some beer. Got up and the walls were closing in on me. I went outside to fish right away. Bud came out and we caught a wally and two herring. Bud cleaned the fish and said he saw worms in the herring. Great trip but not comfy enough for me.

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

Sorry to hear that your trip didn't go as you would have liked but I am glad you posted so others can be aware. I have used Anglers Haven before, now to be honest we had 6 guys in an 8 man hut. Plenty of room, accomodations were very upscale, the fishing was good and the service exceptional! But to be honest, we didn't have the same conditions you had either. Hut owners can't control the weather. What did the hut owners do for you? Were the huts clean and comfortable? Do you feel that they did their best to try to make sure you had the best experience you could under the conditions? That is the sort of things that really count!

I fished out of south shore rentals as well at the end of January. We caught a lot of dinky perch, some fair size, and 2 herring, both worm free. There was 5 of us and we had the 8 man deluxe hut...we had a gas fireplace and TV. Fishing in luxury lol. It was pretty darn comfortable. Sorry to hear you weren't!

The herring we caught and tried to eat last year had HUGE white worms and the meat was gross. I've heard from others the meat is good.

Too bad about the bummer fishing, the weather took a toll on the fish activity I imagine.

Trust me there are still plenty of big fish in that lake.

Guest gbfisher

I ate the herring I got on GBay a week or so back and it tasted the same as any other fish. Didn't see any big difference in it to a pickeral. Leah even said why didn't you catch more!

I agree with Leah....:)

Have a good trip and CATCH MORE FISH... :tease: