More Fun Fishing Boats From the Miami Boat Show

craigdritchie

For those who enjoyed my picture from the Miami Boat Show the other day, here are a bunch more pictures of floating boat candy. I can't even begin to describe just how awesome this show is. If you like wild fishing boats, it's paradise.

The photo from the other day was of some 350 hp Mercury Verado SCIs in a unique white finish. Here are some 300s, this time in orange instead of red trim.

My link

Yamaha also had some white engines at the show. It looks like Evinrude has company when it comes to white paint.

My link

My link

These are the most powerful outboards in the world, at 557 horsepower each (not a typo - that's 557 hp each!). They're semi-custom made by a company that just calls itself '7' .... built on a Cadillac V8.

My link

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/Craig_Ritchie/CDR_0418.jpg

More in reality, Honda introduced a new engine at the show .... a 250 hp four-stroke.

My link

Trolling motors .....

My link

Propellers ......

My link

But that's enough about engines - what about the boats? Here's a 22 foot Zodiac, with a bunch of horsepower on the transom

My link

Nice salmon boat .... asking price was $1.2 million

My link

This 54-footer was on sale! Talk about a discount!

My link

My link

Boston Whaler adapter for law enforcement .... 50 cal. machine gun is optional (though the mount for it is standard equipment)

My link

Big centre consoles rule this show, with big power to match

My link

For the Yammy fans

My link

Lots of nice E-TECs too

My link

What a hoot! I can't wait to go back next year.

Craig

Fishgreg - yeah, they had a bunch of smaller centre console, multi-purpose boats. They call them 'bay boats' .... sort of like a combination centre console / flats boat, but with a deeper hull to handle decent sized swells. Irishfield is right, most of the boats at the Miami show are larger, but there were a few dozen bay boats on display. Ranger and Skeeter each had a couple on the main show floor, as did Starcraft, Edgewater, Key West, Boston Whaler and a few other brands.

Thanks Craig,

I'm a few years and a few dollars away from the boat of my dreams but I always imagined it as a center console. Something that would handle lake O under calm conditions and any other lake I wanted...good to know that it exists, now all I have to do is stop spending money on booze and women....this might take a while.

Here's an email that was sent to me from my brother in the Navy.

" 2,000 HP Outboard Inflatable ....

Here's the latest drug runner toy from B.C ....

This thing belted across the English Bay channel 3 times

per week, and was just a blur on the Radar of the

British Columbia Coast Guard.

They were so astonished by the speed of the

unknown craft that they brought in a special high-

speed Helicopter to chase it.

Drugs were found on board. Of course, you'd have to be on

drugs to push the throttle down on this thing ... "

highpeed.jpg