New Fishing Buddies Needed...

irishfield

I don't know how mild it got in Temagami, but Nipissing is pretty much water mixed with slush right now.

You may not have to battle the slush if it took down the snow there as well.

The travel here will be fine after it freezes up again.

Bernie.. report from tonights call..

24" of ice.. snow knocked down and our neighbour plowed down the snow bank from the ice road to my "parking lot" and then mixed the remaining snow into the 5" of water so it will freeze up real nice for my arrival.

I'm just mystified with 7000 members and nobody appears able to go. Oh well.. I won't ask twice.

Edited by irishfield

Bernie.. report from tonights call..

24" of ice.. snow knocked down and our neighbour plowed down the snow bank from the ice road to my "parking lot" and then mixed the remaining snow into the 5" of water so it will freeze up real nice for my arrival.

I'm just mystified with 7000 members and nobody appears able to go. Oh well.. I won't ask twice.

Well if you really want me to go, can you pick me up by plane?? :whistling::lol:

You have yourself a great trip Wayne :thumbsup_anim: but most of all be safe B)

Worst part is having people say they'll go.. you change the departure date to do so.. and THEN they ask their wife!

LOL....Not an issue for me Wayne. whistling.gif

Hopefully things will turn around for me by summer and I can get back to some ice fishing next year, I do miss it!

Worst part is having people say they'll go.. you change the departure date to do so.. and THEN they ask their wife!

I know what you mean.

If I was to say I was good to go, there would be no "ask the wife", I would tell her when I was not going to be home.

I was this way before being married, fishing and some absence from her is who I am. She seems to have stuck it out after 20 some years, I can't be that bad.

Now, having said that, I will always consider what's on the calendar for family, before I set dates.

I've had people ask me, "..how do you get away with going fishing as many times as you do..". There is no getting away with anything, going fishing is a major part of Who I am!

I would love to go on this trip, but can't.

I hear you on pre-planning the escape.. consult the calendar drawer....broach the question "will you miss me" >NO< and then say I'm in.

Also interesting on what you can work out if you really want to go, like Spiel mentioned. Beg, borrow or steal a sled.. in my case I asked the neighbour at the lake if he has a spare we can use, which he does, so waiting on someone (that showed some interest early on and only had an ATV) to tell me if he can go .

Edited by irishfield

Aw no Bible Christain Study Camp.. huh? Guess that means I don't qualify. laugh.gif

Guess we'll never know what the fishing could have been like then.tongue.gif

However,

I pray you have great and safe journey, And that God will have mercy and bless you're trip.

smile.gif

Do bring back lots of pics.

dsnwink.gif

Wayne if i could have you at our cottage i would. the problem is we are 4 guys with a cottage that has 2 rooms, one room has a bunck bed and the other has a double bed, 1 guy will sleep on the couch. its a buddies cottage so price is good....lol, did you end up finding anyone??? i cant believe anyone would turn this trip down..did i see you even found a sled for someone to use??? wow its a no brainer...

come on guys look at the fish you get in temagami Speckles and Walleye

temagamiwinter09036.jpg

I hear you on pre-planning the escape.. consult the calendar drawer....broach the question "will you miss me" >NO< and then say I'm in.

Also interesting on what you can work out if you really want to go, like Spiel mentioned. Beg, borrow or steal a sled.. in my case I asked the neighbour at the lake if he has a spare we can use, which he does, so waiting on someone (that showed some interest early on and only had an ATV) to tell me if he can go .

I've never thought much about it before, but maybe the wife enjoys my time away from home, runnin' dogs and fishin'. Hahaha

hey wayne ,mike here .my dad and i will be on lake temagami from tues 22 until sat. 26 .we are on island 993.just 5 min south west from mels market on bear island.there is a little island in front of are cottage call lovesick.where people carve there names into the rock.are handle up there is camp 993 on the cb.i fish by myself most of the time ,will be fishing south east of sand point just across from halls island ...little rock pile there ,will be in a white porable hut with wooden ends ..stop by at either location love some company ...would like to try koko too never be there.

Why.. she kickin you out??? :D

Wiped off monitor........now I can see what I'm typing. Been a rough winter, around the home alot, tuff running dogs that are less than 13" at shoulders, this winter. I'm spoiled with 4' thick ice for ice fishing, so I have a long drive, or stay home (bugs the wife, I'm begining to think).

Wayne if i could have you at our cottage i would. the problem is we are 4 guys with a cottage that has 2 rooms, one room has a bunck bed and the other has a double bed, 1 guy will sleep on the couch. its a buddies cottage so price is good....lol, did you end up finding anyone??? i cant believe anyone would turn this trip down..did i see you even found a sled for someone to use??? wow its a no brainer...

come on guys look at the fish you get in temagami Speckles and Walleye

temagamiwinter09036.jpg

no way you bought them from the local store right, there are no walleye on temagami...LOL at lest no for me there aren't