Trying to pull a fast one

ketchenany

can come back and bite you in the :asshat: .

I work for an Ad agency we a have a tourism client that I've worked on for the last 15+ years. We hire freelance writers who are paid by the word if you can believe that! And with the internet writing has become a joke, Google does the research . . .

This morning I got a stack of copy to review on 5 different golf courses.

As I read the copy I noticed a golf term wrong and I can remember I corrected four years back. I take out an old printed book and sure enough it's wrong again! As I read the new copy against the old book the copy is the same. After a few hours of searching I discovered that this "writer" had gone into her database and supplied us the same copy with one or two minor word changes she had written over the last 4 years and figuring who will know and make some fast $$$ :asshat:

Had this gone by me and printed and if caught by the client we could lose the account. I'd love to hear the phone call in the morning.

Honesty is the best policy!

JT, watch your writers they may be writing about the same walleye over and over!

You get what you pay for.

"We hire freelance writers who are paid by the word if you can believe that!"

How about X $ for a approved slogan. # of words play no role.

An old proposal may still work but unless approved it's a no go.

I have no problem with a writer submitting a previous original work as it's up to you to accept or reject as you see fit.