That Special fish

Marc Thorpe

I'd like to know what folks think are the elements needed to produce a special individual?

Why would you classify a particular body of water to potentially produce a unique individual?

What Forage species do you muskies eat the most?

Edited by marc thorpe

Even though education of the species your fishing is great and can only improve your odds I think luck has a lot to do with it to.

I like water bodies that have low fishing pressure or none at all would be nice :D the size of the water body I think would up the odds of a unique fish, the amount of bait fish or forage, a body of water with numerous and large spawning areas that the species require to reproduce, a body of water where the limit to consume is low or 100% release would be even better.

Good question Marc, I think all these new diseases need to be contained or somehow controlled as well or it could destroy a body of water in no time.

A good steady food supply with out a lot of effort to catch it. I don`t know how particular a muskie would be, top of the food chain, everything else is food. I do think they would rather chase 1- 3 pound walleye than a hundred Emerald shiners. Food supply and food size during the entire life cycle gives them an advantage.

LOL look at people today less hunter - gatherers fatter people. More time eating less time tracking down food.