iPhone fishing apps

mike rousseau

Anybody out there with an iPhone... You need to get this app!

Fish calendar

It uses the sun and moon phases in a formula or something and it shows you all the times if day for bite windows... It also gas a general estimated efficiency for the day... I've been testing this app since about October and it is incredible how accurate it is...

Keep in mind this is a guidline... Local weather can still trump a full moon or a sunset... But I highly decibels this app... I think it's 5 bucks... It's worth it guys...

And if you pair this app with the navionics app you'll be unstoppable...$15

Edited by Musky Mike

That is a great app. I'm a strong beliver in moon / sun cycles. This app will even let you store info about each catch such as weather, temp, pressure, bait / lure, GPS co-ords and a pic.

Here are a couple more fishing related apps that I like

Boat Ramps

Cost: $0.99

It lets you search for boat ramps and marinas by current location, Zip code, or city. It will even let you add boat ramps to the data base. It has a limited amount of boat ramps but it will get you started in a new location.

Flick Fishing

Cost: $0.99

This is a cool little fishing game. It has several different fishing locations, species, tournaments, etc. A good time killer.

Proknot

Cost: $1.99

It has detailed step-by-step instructions on a wide range of fishing and rope knots.

WFN Fishing Log

Cost: $2.99

This is a good log. It lets you track alot of info including weather, pics, bait and tackle. The 2 shortcomings are that it doesn't support GPS and I can't figure out how to switch units from imperial to metric. If you have the fishing calendar this app is redundant.