Quantum Smoke Line up

Lunker777

Hey all !!

I was in the LTS the other day and held a Quantum Smoke rod and reel for the first time ! I also held the new Curado 50E as well.... I HAD saved my money for the new Curado, but after holding both side by side.... my money is going to the new Smoke reel ! I couldn't believe how smooth the new Quantum reel was ... and light as heck too !!!!!

What turned me off the new Curado is the fact Shimano cheaped out and went with a PLASTIC drag star !!!! IMO... A $200 reel should have a metal drag star.

The reel overall wasn't very smooth, I tried to mess with the settings and I just couldn't get it to match th Smoke. Im sure cleaning the drive train and using your own choice of lube will help with the Curado but who knows.

The new Smoke rod is pretty sweet as well. The first time I saw it I couldn't understand what was going on with the guides ! hahaha I had never saw micro guides before ! There isnt much you can say about a stick till you use it !!!

Has anyone here had the oportunity to use the new Smoke rods and reels on the water ????

If so, what did you think about them ? balance, feel, sensitivity ?

Im looking at investing in a couple combos for the up coming season so I would like to see what others, who were able to actually use them, like them/dislike them !

Thanks for any help !

• 1 year later...

i had my new smoke out on the water this weekend.

I have the 151SPT thats the 6.6:1 ratio

its a bit heaver then the 100 series by 0.6 ounces but has better breaking control.

It is super smooth, like butter, and casts a mile effortlessly. i was surprised how far little flip casts were going, i had to ease up so i didnt cast too far.

just wanted to break it in a lil before my trip to west arm next week