Lake of Bays

Northque

Anyone been out on Lake of Bays this winter? Haven't been out yet but planning on going soon. Usually have good luck with the lakers.

For anyone that has been out, how is the ice? Are the fish shallow or deep right now? Last year I had lots of luck in less than 60 FoW.

I don't see too much on this board about LoB so if I have any luck I'll post. I'll be around the southern half of the lake.

Report and pic below.

Edited by Northque

Bump..

Northque and a few of us are heading up this weekend..

Any info would be great!

I'm guessing there's going to be atleast a foot of slush and snow ontop. Bringin the snowshoes..

Edited by NAW

Success! Lake of Bays still producing good eating trout. We pulled up our limit of medium size trout. They weren't huge, but one was enough for a dinner. Tastey!

The walk out was a little tough due to 3" of slush topped with 8" of snow. Got to my spot and drilled through about 8-10" of ice. The fishing was a little slower than last year but persistence payed off.

Can't post pics yet but NAW had some good ones (pictures, I had the biggest fish of the day).

Edit: Got a picture.

snowytrout.jpg

Edited by Northque

My first trip to LoB in the winter. What a difference compared to Simcoe. It was to quiet and peaceful.

Ended the day with two small Lakers. Both about the same size. Weighed one, and it was 1 lb 11oz. Great for the table.

Caught one on minnows, and the other on a large silver Williams with a pearl on the hook.

It was such a nice day out there. Got a bit of a tan.

Here's me with my two

DSCF2412.jpg

My fishin partner Steve with his

p_00589.jpg

And out means of transportation for the day!

p_00590.jpg

Thanks for showing me that spot Northque! We'll have to hit it again this year.

Nice going guys!

I was also up at LOB this past weekend at the cottage with a few buddies. We found the fishing to be similar to your trip...good numbers of small ones around. I also missed a few nice Whities - couldn't keep them buttoned to the spreader.

IMG_0202.jpg

This one looks like it swallowed a golf ball!

IMG_0209.jpg

LOB is definitely a refreshing change from Simcoe...nice and quiet and you can't beat the scenery.

IMG_0208.jpg