Portable Sonar Transducer Mounting

Golfisher

I remember seeing ages ago someone posting pictures of a home-made, transducer-mounting device for a portable sonar. I vaguely recall it had some type of clamp and a metal extension. It might have been posted by Irishfield, but I could be wrong. Anyways, it would be quite helpful if I could see that picture again, as I just bought a portable finder (went with Eagle FishEasy245ds) and I am looking for a non-suction cup solution to mount the transducer. I don't think the suction cup is going to hold that reliably. Thanks.

I've been using tite-lok for years...follow the link to 3 pages of different styles http://www.titelok.com/index.php?cPath=18_...t=2a&page=1

just purchased their high speed version 5HS798. Just to save money if you want order the 5798 and the 5HS798-ADP adapter seperately. If you want to save even more don't order directly from tite lok, order from Captain Gary's Fishing Specialties in Michigan ( no it's not this Gary ) web http://www.captgarys.com

Fantastic service and very attractive prices.

:thumbsup_anim:

I had a Tite-Lok transducer holder and wasn't happy with it - but I hadn't purchased the heavy duty model. Consequently, last year, I purchased a portable transducer bracket from Cabela's (see Item:IH-010095) called the Standard Boat Bracket and I've been more than satisfied with it. I can run WOT with a 15 HP outboard on an outfitters boat and my sonar screen looks identical to what I see when trolling at 1 mph. Here's a pic 110428.jpg

the very first depth finder I got was an eagle portable with the suction cup holder and it stayed wherever I put it even when running wide open on a 16 foot boat with an 85 hp motor. dont be worried about the hold of the cup, they are big enough to really attach themselves to the transom.

I had an old Ultra portable on my 12 footer back a few years now. I would stick the transponder about 6 inches above the bottom of the boat. That way when I was going faster the transducer would come out of the water and it wouldn't fly off from the water pressure. It works good, but you have to know where you are going because she ain't going to work out of the water

Get the Tite-Lok high-speed transducer holder and never look back!

I even use it on the ice, just clamp it to a 5 gal pail and have a level transducer set-up in seconds.

I wish Humminbird would make an ice transducer that had a foam levelling thing like the Vexilar's have.

Tony