REEL Problem.

skeeter

Shakespeare microspin 250UL.

the reel works fine when theres no pressure on it, or even a little pressure from small fish.

but when put under load from a jumbo perch, it wont reel up at all, the handle wont turn.

if i back off the drag to the point where it will turn then the fish just keeps pulling the line out. :dunno:

if it needs lubing then can i use vaseline?

3 in 1 oil?

no i dont have any other grease lying around.

had the same problem with my browning. mine was a two part problem. had to clean out the grease from the gear and shaft. second part was to flush out the dirt from the around the bail area.

i use the quantum hot sauce. it works fine until you drop the reel in the water and it will stick until the gears start to warm up.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i use the quantum hot sauce.

hot sauce is the lube you need but almost sounds like the post that holds your spool or your reel handle assembly could have a slight bend or be loose inside, so when torque is applied it bites. i had something similar on my daiwa ice reel. it fell off the sled... i couldn't see the bent arm unless i looked "reel" close.

had the exact same problem until i took the whole thing apart.

cleaned it from a-z relube and cursing at the same time(almost lost two bearings) put it back together and it was perfect.

but again each problem can be different.

Shakespeare microspin 250UL.

the reel works fine when theres no pressure on it, or even a little pressure from small fish.

but when put under load from a jumbo perch, it wont reel up at all, the handle wont turn.

if i back off the drag to the point where it will turn then the fish just keeps pulling the line out. :dunno:

if it needs lubing then can i use vaseline?

3 in 1 oil?

no i dont have any other grease lying around.

Vaseline... what, you don't have any lip balm laying around?

HH