Anyone have an Eagle fish elite 480?

Cudz

How are these units. I know they are a bit older and not colour but my fishfinder is completely broken and I wold also like a gps. I know the Eagle fish elite 480 is not a new model as it has an external antenna and is not colour but it is a gps unit and seems to have pretty good resolution, and It is on sale at Bass Pro Shops for $209 and that includes everything, antenna unit and transducer. Seems like a pretty good price for a gps/fishfinder. Any opinions?

At 209 - just buy it.

I had the fishelite 642c (colour gps/sonar) and it was an effective unit - until it got water in it.

So buy that one and avoid using it in a harsh downpour. At 209 you can't go wrong. My sonar was very sensitive and the gps was fine for me.

Lowrance/Eagle took care of my warranty by replacing it with a new elite 5 unit - great customer service (for me anyways)

BTW - I have a 2009 Navionics Hotmaps Premium (canada) SD card that I no longer have a use for, if you want to buy it for that unit. PM me if interested. It is not a micro sd card and the elite's have moved to that now!!!:(

Landry

Hey Mike. I phoned friday night and they had 14 of them. I called saturday and they had 5 left. The sale starts on Monday but that gps has been on sale since last monday. If you really want one, you had better get on it.

I did the same hope Visa gets the dollar above par right.I think it came to 266 and change total shipped.

Any options as far as map cards go.Don't know what's usable with this unit.Is there such thing as an ontario only map card.

Kerry