Help to Replace Jaw Opener lost in the drink

JimC

LOL Buck... If you're gonna do it right and run production quantities.. a 4 cavity mould for even the smallest part generally hits 18 to 30 K. This one is automatically at least 2 cavities.. one for each side of the spreader....

I'm like Raf though... I've never used a spreader in my life, but if people wanna buy them .... :D

LOL Buck... If you're gonna do it right and run production quantities.. a 4 cavity mould for even the smallest part generally hits 18 to 30 K. This one is automatically at least 2 cavities.. one for each side of the spreader....

I'm like Raf though... I've never used a spreader in my life, but if people wanna buy them .... :D

hey Irish .. looks like people do (wanna buy them), judging from some of the comments in this thread.

Tis unfortunate that your moulding / tooling costs would be so extreme, but it is what it is.

Howz about keeping this idea on the back burner, and plan to target 'TARGET' as they move into Canada. If you could get a toe-hold in there, or CTC, Walmart, Pro Bass etc. who knows. but I guess it comes down to funding the startup costs, eh? :wallbash:

In the meantime ... I shall remain hopeful.

Guest gbfisher

If someone has a part, I can make a 4 or even 5 part mould for a better price Wayne. :D

but then I never use one myself anyway. you risk having the fish swim away with the spreaders in it's mouth.... :whistling: Nope Never seen that happen...

Edited by gbfisher

Guest gbfisher

Yah I know you can Andy... but nobody could afford to buy them, with labour in, hand pouring each one !! lol

not sure what yer thinnkin about...cost is minimal...but my time is worth tons...lol.

It would be 5 at a time and the cost would get cheaper for each one poured. On a smal scale it would be cheaper for a small business to produce. no machines and very little overhead.

but again....not worth my time pouring speaders..lol

Edited by gbfisher

I happen to have one you could use as a mold

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWuVxN3CAI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWuVxN3CAI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWuVxN3CAI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>