are these the same fish

skinny

Thanks Irishfield. I looked on your link and found this page for cool water species. Pickerel doesn't appear on the list but walleye and sauger do.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/248438.html

:D .. and click on that page where it says walleye.. and the next page says.. lol

The walleye (also known as pickerel)

Exactly. I have this argument with my dad all the time.

Once upon a time, grandfathers taught fathers, and fathers taught sons that the world was flat....nothing is true just because your dad said so.

Sinclair buddy....when you get old and start smelling like a fish even though you haven't caught a fish in a week or two you will realize that what Dad, uncle Bob or Gramps taught you was the local HERITAGE of that fish...and that's a good thing...if they said it's a pickerel, then be proud of that name because it give you identity of where you are from....that should always be important.

Someday you may or your grandson may say, I caught a limit of pickerel, even though he/she was fishing somewhere in the USA and another angler with a Canadian background over hears that statement and a bond will be formed......to me that's a great thing...we are losing way too many heritages as it is now...don't push that process...PLEASE.

Bob

I like to call them walleye, yes its the eye in the wall that i like. and if you like the wall in the eye then you have your answer either way. plus look at its eye theres no eye in pickeral and no wall in pickeral so it has to be called walleye.. should stop drinking about now im actually making sense to myself... no fish were hurt during this photo shoot all fish were let go to be free..

WALLEYE

DSC02144.jpg