Shining Tree lake

express168

Anybody ever fished Shining Tree Lake in early June. You have to love this province, me and my friends keep finding places that look like a great early june trip and just can't make up our minds. Looking for pike but walleye and bass are a bonus. Thanks.

I fish west shiningtree lake. I have never fished east shiningtree lake

I always go in August and sept.

I stay at baywolf camp, they have boats on lots of back lakes

and that's where the best action is

but I fish walleye and don't target pike, I think they have boats on lakes with lots of pike

but I just have not found enough extra time to try them......

if you have any questions that I can answer, I will do what I can

I have fished and hunt the Shining Tree area for over 15 years now and it is by far my favourite area in this fine province.... we still head up every May run for the walleye opener...there is great fishing to be had but you have to be willing to lock the hubs and cruise in first gear for several hours...though I have never actually fished either west or east Shining tree lake.... every game fish you want is up there and if I had to suggest an outfitter I would say Three Bears Camp would be able to get you on fish if you don't know the area. They are located just outside Shining Tree on the #560...we see them in the bush every year with clients and everyone I have talked to says they are good to deal with...good luck if ya head up there and possibly see ya in the spring..

Cheers

Brkygetr

Thanks guys , I just wasn't sure if Shining Tree Lake and West Shining Tree Lake were different bodies of water or different sections of the same lake. Thanks for clearing that up, I am taking up my own boat but have been told that with my 4x4 and trailer I should be able to access some of the back lakes without too much trouble. We plan to be there June 1,2nd, and 3rd leaving on the fourth and have heard that this is pretty good time for pike and walleye. I look forward to fishing another new area for me, I love exploring.

Thanks Gary, I have already spoken to one of the outfitters up there and it looks like we will be booking the Shining Tree area. It was just nice to hear some first hand knowledge on the area before we take the 8 hour or so drive up there from the Hamilton area.

Hey express,

I'll be up in that neck of the woods for the walleye opener. This is my first time in the area as well, but hopefully I'll be able to replicate some of the success that Terry has had; if I do half as well as he does, I'll be a very happy camper! I'll be back in TO on May 26th, and so I think I should be able to post a report before you head up.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Bay wolf Camp last year eary sept last year and our group all caught fish. West Shining Tree lake gives up its fair share of fish but like terry said the back lakes is where its at. Either way you can't go wrong up there...I've got my trip this year booked for the second week of july...can't wait. Just so ya know west shining tree lake has a tea stain to it while the back lakes I fished were spring fed and crystal clear.