Lake Nipissing Hardwater GTG PICS PAGE 8

Nipfisher

I will try to make it, if not my huts on Callander now and I will try to hook up with someone to allow usage of my hut if I cant make it, its a 5x8 2 manner, fishing has been real tough on Callander or I am in the wrong spot this year lol

I'd pay for that. :whistling:

stretcher.gifI got some bad news today... I thought my splint was coming off today, but it will only be in another 2 weeks stretcher.gif ... But i'll still try to go for a visit. wallbash.gif If i can't go Goodluck to all you guys...jerry.gif

If I'd be fishing for a living i would'nt of hurt myself lol

Man down.

Would be great if you still came out for a visit. Maybe you should drive for Randy? That way he can really enjoy himself.

Buster if you can make it up here, I'll make sure you have a place to fish out of. That goes for all OFNers (just not all at once).

I'am still debating but thanks much for the :Gonefishing: offer, I'll know more as we get closer to the date, I'd have to be back for superbowl tho :worthy:

Superbowl is a definate. I'll be heading out to the shack Friday night to make sure everything is ready. Saturday at 9am we'll meet at the launch, I'll fish until dark. Sunday me and some buddies are having a Superderb from 11 am - 3 pm (longest fish wins) then a cab from the ice to a buddies place for the game. I took Monday off so after the kids are at daycare / school I'll be back out on the ice. Considering a nearby lake for Lakers. Tuesday - Thursday will be detoxing.

Superbowl is a definate. I'll be heading out to the shack Friday night to make sure everything is ready. Saturday at 9am we'll meet at the launch, I'll fish until dark. Sunday me and some buddies are having a Superderb from 11 am - 3 pm (longest fish wins) then a cab from the ice to a buddies place for the game. I took Monday off so after the kids are at daycare / school I'll be back out on the ice. Considering a nearby lake for Lakers. Tuesday - Thursday will be detoxing.

:thumbsup_anim:

It looks like at least 13 board members will make it out if work cooperates?

Randy From Sturgeon

Rodcaster

Nipfisher

Smarty Pantz

NAW

LucG?

Average Joe Fishing?

Rides85

Spud7378

Mike01

Duckdog?

Buster?

Bassasin

Mystery member

I know of at least 6 friends of members that will also be attending. I have some fishing buddies from the Ontario Out of Doors Community that may drop in for visits. Mike01 and Spud 7378 will have portables...who else? There is plenty of room around the shack and we can use mine as H.Q. / kitchen / washroom. Mike01 said he'd bring his auger (gas?) and I'll have my Jiffy with lots of gas. In my shack I'll have my oil furnace with cook top and a 2 burner propane stove. Randy is bringing the bar-b-q. I'll have the cooking oil and Fish Crisp and a small frying pan for some on-ice fish frying. I'll make every effort to get us enough minnows for everyone. I'll collect for bait on the ice so bring a little cash. You can drive right to my hut but no sense in having a bunch of vehicles out there. So after the first group goes out at 9am I'll take a few runs to get every body there or at least your gear and you can walk out.

Any questions just ask here or PM me. I'll have a bunch of extra lines and tip-ups too. Here is the long range forcast. Looks really fishable.

Long Range Forcast

Thanks for the PM invite, Nip! Sounds great.

Old Harv and I will drive out to the spot with a truck if we can make it. (Snow conditions are good for a vehicle so far, I gather.)

Chances look very good, so count us in barring a message to the contrary.

We've got an Eskimo Quickfish portable, a gas auger, and all the gear necessary to set up comfy.

That makes 15 members confirmed to attend! We're just hoping for good weather and good work schedules. Duckdog has offered to pull his hut close to mine and provide me with the combination to the lock so that other OFNers can use it that day. Thnanks Duckdog.

Welcome Back , JOCKO!!! :good:

I've invited Kevin from Lakair... AKA. capt_hooked..

It looks good for him and his son.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday :Gonefishing::clapping:

----------------------------------off topic-------------

I seen a white Toyota Tacoma today in North Bay .. with plates that

read FISHOFNC ???????? It must be a member ... does anyone know their identity?

Welcome Back , JOCKO!!! :good:

I've invited Kevin from Lakair... AKA. capt_hooked..

It looks good for him and his son.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday :Gonefishing::clapping:

Thanks, Randy. See you there! Looking forward to it too.

Thanks for the organizing effort, Nipfisher. Would be a shame not to take advantage.

Thanks for the organizing effort, Nipfisher. Would be a shame not to take advantage.

No problem Jocko. There are alot of local members that I can't wait to meet. Maybe if I share my perch and walleye with you "westerly" folk you'll share your walleye and walleye with me.

Randy From Sturgeon, Rod Caster, and myself (hopefully T.J. will approove) are planning a hardwater GTG on Lake Nipissing this winter. I am suggesting Callander Bay for ease of access, ammenities, and driving directions. There have been other options discussed including South Shore area, and Sturgeon Falls area.

We would like to start the real planning soon, and are looking for suggestions and confirmations on who might attend. So far Saturday February 5th is the date.

I would be willing to hold a block of rooms available at a local hotel and make arrangements for some prizes. Maybe an bar-b-que on the ice could be arranged?

Lets get some discussion going on this, and have some of the members from down south start arranging drives to come up here.

Hi fellas, Im new here but a little birdie told me that you guys will be fishin Nipissing soon. I JUST HAVE A COUPLE QUESTIONS. 1) Has anyone been out yet? 2) How was the bite? Myself and a few buddies will be staying in the ice bungalows put out by Anglers Haven and are hoping to have some action! Thanks in advance.

I have a 4 stoke auger, makes holes in about 5 sec! And my portable can fit 3...I stress the "can" part. Hopefully it won't be too cold. Looking forward to meeting some fellow North Bay anglers.

Great Mike01, We should have about 5 augers between the group. Probably drill 30-40 holes through 20+ inches of ice. It is a pretty easy drive out to the shack today. we can use the trucks to get the gear out to the shack. Then take some back to the landing.

Hi fellas, Im new here but a little birdie told me that you guys will be fishin Nipissing soon. I JUST HAVE A COUPLE QUESTIONS. 1) Has anyone been out yet? 2) How was the bite? Myself and a few buddies will be staying in the ice bungalows put out by Anglers Haven and are hoping to have some action! Thanks in advance.

I PM'd you RathrBFishn.

Update from todays trip to the hut.

Bad news is...not much of a bite after 4:30.

Good news is....perch should keep us busy from 9-12 and 2-4:30.

Last 2 trips have not produced a single walleye. I'll leave the hut where it is for now and move it after the gtg. At least we are in a decent perch spot. With the # of anglers and 2 holes each we should be able to cover a good area and hopefully the walleye cooperate. The long term forecast looks terrific with a high of -4 and a low of -12. The pressure should be lower and some light snow is expected.

Forecast

There is an excellent road right to my hut. It will be an aesy ride out and in with the vehicles. I'm super excited about next Saturday and I'll try and keep this thread current.

Edited by Nipfisher

Any of you fellas going to bring an FRS radio?

Just in case I get a chance to pop by.

Bernie,

I can give you my cell #. We should be easy to find us there. If you drive over we will be out in front of the launch (gov. dock) just off to the left. When you get on the lake there are 3 well-traveled roads. The centre one will lead you right ot my shack. Here are some pictures from today.

From the launch looking out. You can`t see road 1 in this picture.

CIMG2094-1.jpg

From my hut looking back to the launch. Now you can see all 3 roads.

CIMG2095-1-1.jpg

Edited by Nipfisher