US state budget cuts elimate organ transplants

scuro2

Why Art, you Americans can come on our board and tell us about gun control but we can't pipe in when we see something wrong down south? Isn't that hypocritical? I am happy for you Art, it's good to know that you and BillyB have gold plated health insurance...I guess that means that everything is great?

Art, this time around the US is the canary in the coal mine. What is happening in Arizona is going to happen all across the US. You folks have maxed out your visa card. I'm not predicting utter and complete doom but rather that you will have to make the difficult choices that we had to make way back in the early 90's under Paul Martin. Our health care system took a beating back then and you folks have made hay about waiting times ect since then. Well Art, the times they are changing. We took an axe to our health care then and determined what was most important. You folks have never done this, and things look grim already. By any standard your health care system is overpriced and under performs. What you see right now in Arizona is what happens when a state can't pay the bills. Wait until the federal US government is in the same boat. It's not a question of if but when in the US. DEEP federal cuts are coming.It's going to be such a massive change that I predict you are going to see American Dr.'s coming to Canada to look for work.

Will that happen also in Canada? Back in the 90's when Paul Martin cut deep we made sure that our social institutions were viable. The boomers and the Harper deficits will put some pressure on us but it will be nothing like the perfect storm of unfunded boomer obligations you have in the US and it still is getting worse in your country. Obama and the Republicans are cutting payroll taxes as we speak, and extending tax breaks for millionaires.

So this matters to us Canadians because certain idiots from the US will try to tell us, look we have to cut and dismantle our health care system and you do too!!...and at that point as polite Canadian's we can say thanks but no thanks.

As a polite Canadian I can also say thank you to Ohiofishermen for respecting ones right to start a discussion without being attacked. Let's hope your fellow countrymen can be as civil and supportive of friendly conversation as you.

This discussion could be bantered back and forth for hours we both feel our opinions are correct the decision to agree not to agree seems to be the correct choice here. Here is something to consider though I MIGHT be a member of the millionaire group so my argument could be as slanted as yours is. ;)

As a polite Person have a good evening.

Art

They didn't charge you for that jar yesterday did they... IVF is free in Kebec now ! lol

I can't complain about blood test results... same day in the medical centre that I go to and my DR ticks EVERY box for my pilots medical..... Jen with her chemo.. 10 minutes for iron and cell count. Done right there in the oncologists unit 12th floor Mount Sinai.

free yes,but the method the doctors will be paid by the gov still has to be figured out.So far they havent been paid since July.

The meds are not covered by the Gov yet, although they said to keep the receipts while they study the procedures.

Its a very complicated and closely timed protocol.Requiring injections and pills and scans and blood testsblink.gif

Total for meds is almost 6K and my private insurance has to study the case before deciding what is covered and what is not. They are waiting to see what the Gov will pay, and the Gov is waiting to see what the insurances will pay. In the mean time I PAY!!!!!!!! I'm lucky, i can afford it.But there are thousand who cant, so they wait.

This discussion could be bantered back and forth for hours we both feel our opinions are correct the decision to agree not to agree seems to be the correct choice here. Here is something to consider though I MIGHT be a member of the millionaire group so my argument could be as slanted as yours is. ;)

As a polite Person have a good evening.

Art

Why Art, what discussion? :) I just saw some grumpy Americans not wanting a Canadian to talk about the faults of the Arizona health care system. :) But I'm glad to see a commitment to politeness and I'll do my best to follow your lead. Shall we begin again?

Previously BillB blamed the need to cut organ transplants in Arizona on illegal aliens. Apparently BB thinks that 22 million illegal immigrants have free access to medicaid and this is driving up costs, otherwise there would be no deficits for law abiding tax payers.

Here is some video on the situation down in Arizona.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7127766n

I don't know about you but Tiffany Tate doesn't look like an illegal alien to me, nor does Randy Shepard. Do you think BillyB was talking through his hat about this one? Does he have any data on this? What percentage of those whose transplants have been denied are illegal aliens? Was even 1 of the 100 whose transplants have been canceled an illegal alien?

Edited by scuro2

I was going to just delete this crap but I won't. I'll just lock it and hope that newer members of our community can use it as a learning tool to understand what constitutes harassment. Scruro, this is not the first time.

Have a great weekend everyone.