Hit the river this morning

brifishrgy

Picked my son up some waders and he wanted to head out this morning, got there by around 8, snow on the ground and ice floating down river made it a little tough, fished for about 2 hours without a bite, son was quite happy but cold so we packed it in, next weekend we will be out again. Question for the cold weather fisherman ... is there anything I can put on my rod eyes or line to prevent them from freezing up every other cast?

here are a few pics from the morning

PC040026.JPG

PC040028.JPG

I took my son out this afternoon for a few hours on the river,the cold got to him also. There is a spray you can use to help with the ice, I picked some up at bass pro.It is a line conditioner, i have tried it the last two outings and seems to work well.

Love the pictures! No fish this time, but great quality time with your son for sure! I agree...foot warmers are always a good thing. I just deal with the ice on the rod tip...pain in the butt but I may just try some of that paste someone drifter posted about.

WHen he hooks his first in the rivers, he'll be hooked forever...took me 6 outings before I even got a hit...a few more before I landed one. Thanks for sharing!

you might want to grab some hot shots (for in the waders)... happy warm feet for the kid will make for longer excursions

great idea, even better is they are on sale at Crappy Tire this week, 10 pack toe warmers for 7.19, going Tuesday morning to test em out and if they work well going to stock up for the winter :thumbsup_anim:

Picked my son up some waders and he wanted to head out this morning, got there by around 8, snow on the ground and ice floating down river made it a little tough, fished for about 2 hours without a bite, son was quite happy but cold so we packed it in, next weekend we will be out again. Question for the cold weather fisherman ... is there anything I can put on my rod eyes or line to prevent them from freezing up every other cast?

here are a few pics from the morning

You shoulda stayed till around 11 :)

I got there around 10:30 and the bite turned on. It was on fire till about 3pm..

Got a few cohos upstream from those pics :)