Does anyone Catch Rainbow's on Tubes

spinnerbaitking

OK yesterday we thought it was a fluke Darcy catching his Rainbow on a Tube, then Randy & I go out today, water is a lot better we can see bottom in about 6' to 7' & there is shad every were 4" to 18 or 20", Bass are like balloons & they are not interested in a drop shot with Slammers, Zeros, Gulp Minnows or finesse worms, Randy gets one Smallie on a Tube so we stick with that, drifting the channel casting up & bringing it back to the boat, at the boat we brought it in & cast again, I bring the tube back bouncing on the bottom watching for it to come back & half way up we see this Rainbow coming straight up after it I drop the tube back down, the Rainbow does a big roll & back down not seeing my tube I set the hook & the fight was on, I won the battle, a nice 29 1/2 " 8.7 lbs, about an hour later Randy says fish on & it's another Rainbow on a tube, I grab the cradle & it takes another run Randy tightened up his drag & away it went, Randy loses, he's still not sure why he tightened his drag but it cost him the fish. Not very successful end of the season Bass trip but we are happy we caught a couple of Rainbows maybe my fishing isn't done for the year yet Richard

PICT0535.jpg

It is common here on the south side of Lake Erie for the Emerald shiners to form huge schools this time of year along the break walls at the river mouths, a tube can get you smallies, steel head or walleye, what ever is relating to the available food. My preference was for a white tube with silver glitter 3 1/2 - 4 inch.