Ice Fishing in Temagami

fishinfool

I am trying to plan a weekend with the boys to the Temagami area

for some ice fishing in the last two weeks of Jan.

Not really sure where to go.

Looking to fish for Walleye, Whitefish, Crappie or whatever.

Anybody have any spots that would be productive?

Not looking for GPS waypoints, just a lake or general area

to start from.

Send me a P.M. if you don't want to post up here.

Thanks Guys.

SS

Edited by fishinfool

There are some stocked lakes Stan that Lakers are open all year.. Wilson is one of them with easy access and a resort (although I'm not sure if she's open in the winter)

If you want to fish Lake Temagami itself.. Whitefish and Pickeral are open in January. The camp (beautiful newer cottage) on the opposite end of my island is also available to rent this winter and if you are interested in that PM me and I'll put you in touch with the "caretaker".

Wayne

There are some stocked lakes Stan that Lakers are open all year.. Wilson is one of them with easy access and a resort (although I'm not sure if she's open in the winter)

If you want to fish Lake Temagami itself.. Whitefish and Pickeral are open in January. The camp (beautiful newer cottage) on the opposite end of my island is also available to rent this winter and if you are interested in that PM me and I'll put you in touch with the "caretaker".

Wayne

No, not my cottage again lol you wil love it :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

We'll be at Tamar after Lakers open (I think we are ther the 18th). There are several bungalow providers on the lake just google and you'll find some. I think Jim's is one, Loon Lodge, Temagami Shores, etc.

Butttt if you can get set up with Wayne, I'd do that. Just bring a fish finder for depth and structure. Find some drop-offs and you'll do o.k.

I'll be out to Bear Island for work on Monday then I may have to wait a bit while it ices over.

Wayne

Hey Wayne

I would be very interested in the camp near you, but I am only doing a weekend. Would the camp be available for a weekend only deal?

Let me know and I will book it as soon as possible.

Thanks guys for all the responses.

SS

I'd suspect so Stan. I'll give Doug (caretaker) a call and see what's what and then PM you when I have details. IF the ice comes in good, by that time you'll be able to drive right to the dock. Doug lives on the island across from us all winter long, so keeps a road out to his place right past the dock of the rental.

Can be tough lake to crack.. but once you figure it out it pays back big time.

You have sleds etc?? and portable huts?

Edited by irishfield

I'd suspect so Stan. I'll give Doug (caretaker) a call and see what's what and then PM you when I have details. IF the ice comes in good, by that time you'll be able to drive right to the dock. Doug lives on the island across from us all winter long, so keeps a road out to his place right past the dock of the rental.

Can be tough lake to crack.. but once you figure it out it pays back big time.

You have sleds etc?? and portable huts?

Wayne

No sleds and no huts, just a real good survival suit and a toboggan with lots of rods and gear.

I may be better off going somewhere where they supply everything and put me on the fish.

I have never ice fished up that way so I really don't know who has huts and who is going to get

us on the fish best.

Any suggestions?

SS

To the guys who mentioned Tamar... if you haven't gone, you'll find that Bruce really is a good fella. The camp is great there too. I've always liked Tamar but this year have something else in mind. I find main lake fishing tough but last year had more success on my last day than any other day ever. Back lakes can be hot... sometimes.

Hope that all is going well for you by then Wayne as well. I know your posse looks forward to the hospitality.

I been going to Temagami for over 30yrs,never heard of Tamar,always hung out around the Bear Island area.Fist time I stayed there was at Boake Haven,obviously he sold out,burnt out, many years ago.whew, what an experience,would stoves in the huts,things surely have improved immensley over the years with all the operators.