Mr. Spiels magic

spinnerdoc

I was amazed by solopaddlers rod that Chris built and i have been experimenting with different rods and thought it was time to have a nice one built. So after a lot of of questions, answers and tips from solopaddler, i made up my mind and went ahead a gave Chris "Spiel" a call and made arrangements for the build. I have say i had a nice time planning and getting what i wanted from this build and Chris was the very proffesional and pretty darn good at what he does...didn't take that long and took the extra step to have my tip end of the blank replaced at jc tackle as it broke while he was wrapping the top tip guide, factory defect but as Chris mentioned jc didn't give him any fuss, so thanks to jc as well.

With regards to getting what i wanted Chris did an amazing job getting the details done as close as possible to my drawing. especially love the work on the foregrip, it sure exceeded my expectations. These pics dont do the rod justice, although i tried my best to capture it. So ladies and gents the rod....

set up s.jpg

set up close up s.jpg

Foregrip:

fore grip close up s.jpg

foregrip.jpg

I'm pleased that you happy with it SD, now go get some fish on it. Gonefishing.gif

For those who may have missed it, the reel is SD's first attempt at making a center pin.

I had the pleasure of checking it out and I have to admit, I was quite (very) impressed. thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks to everyone else for the nod and yes Dr. it's a CTS.

I'm pleased that you happy with it SD, now go get some fish on it. Gonefishing.gif

For those who may have missed it, the reel is SD's first attempt at making a center pin.

I had the pleasure of checking it out and I have to admit, I was quite (very) impressed. thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks to everyone else for the nod and yes Dr. it's a CTS.

thanks again for taking this project on short notice....i am extremely thankful to you for making this first build an very enjoyable experience, with a very well built rod at the end....thanks for the nod as well chris

Edited by spinnerdoc