Upper Niagara Clarity

Rizzo

Have Friday off work and was hoping to get out on the Niagara for a couple of hours. I know it sure was windy here today, anyone have an update on the water clarity in the upper river? I know I asked this once before a year or two ago and someone was able to post an actual live satellite picture of the river. If anyone is able to do this tomorrow some time I'd be very grateful (I'd do it myself but not sure where they found live pictures of the river.)

Probally to cloudy for a good satellite shot. THe river was starting to get dirty at the end of the day but with the winds laying down and staying somewhat lower I'd say you'll have about 3-5 vis on the upper for friday. It's fishable for steelies but I'd be chasing muskie that's like the best conditions you could hope for.

I have a bunch of Red October baits if your chasing Esox...

Have Friday off work and was hoping to get out on the Niagara for a couple of hours. I know it sure was windy here today, anyone have an update on the water clarity in the upper river? I know I asked this once before a year or two ago and someone was able to post an actual live satellite picture of the river. If anyone is able to do this tomorrow some time I'd be very grateful (I'd do it myself but not sure where they found live pictures of the river.)

I normally used this site for rough info on water clarity at niagara, http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html

Between lake erie and lake ontario is niagara river, if mouth of upper niagara on Lake Erie map looks stained, chances are the upper river will also be murky. however if you look at mouth of lower niagara on the lake ontario map section, and the color might not look too bad, chance are lower river is more fishable.

Sometimes the sattelite image are covered with clouds, then it is almost impossible to know what is happening on the river. Put a post at niagarafishing.net site as well, hope someone will add their input on water clarity.

about 3 feet of green :thumbsup_anim:

Tonight: A chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 2am and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind becoming northwest between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming southwest between 6 and 9 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 13 mph increasing to between 21 and 24 mph.

Good Luck :Gonefishing: