Quinte Report Nov 10th - 12th

TroutnMuskieHunter

I finally got a chance to get out for a mini fishing excursion with my old friend Dane after many years of being idle and not fishing together like we did in the past!

We decided to "re-kindle' the fishing bond we had by heading down to Quinte for a few days and try our luck at some eyes...

We took our time driving down on Wednesday morning and launched the boat around 9:00AM...we decided to troll the Thompson's and Sherman's point areas for a while before trolling around the cement plant and bay...

I kept beating my head wondering why we weren't able to hook into any fish so I turn around to discuss tactics with Dane and see this catastrophe!!!!! HE BROUGHT A BANANA in my boat :w00t:

IMG_0774.jpg

Needless to say Wednesday was not a good day as we ended 0 -1 by sunset..

Woke up bright and early Thursday morning only to find that the wind had picked up from the East and was blowing pretty good..We took the ferry over to the launch and as we're getting the boat ready Mike the Pike came out of nowhere to say hi....what a small world...Mike was waiting for Memart to start their 4 day Quinte quest...we headed East of the Ferry and got bumped around for a few hours before deciding to head back to the bay and wait to see if the wind settled down in the Reach...this pic shows how rough it was out there..

IMG_0778.jpg

The afternoon turned out to be awesome with us boating 6 small eaters all caught in the 30FOW range using a variety of cranks...

We got off the water earlier on Thursday and headed back to the room to down some pops and discuss the strategy for Friday morning...With the forecast looking in our favor, we decided to head back up the Reach and search for bait balls....we found lots but most of them were in the deeper water column including the fish..we only had a couple of hours of morning fishing before we had to pack up and head back home for 2:00PM so we re-rigged our setup to try and get our baits down to around 40' - 45FOW....

BINGO!!......Dane was able to get this healthy gal into the boat and ended our mini trip with a thumbs up!

IMG_0791.jpg

Here are some screen shots from the Lowrance....

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Fishing was tough for everyone ....the water temp east of the ferry was around 50F and the fish were deep. The water temp in the bay and around Thompson's point averaged around 45F

We talked to lot of other anglers and no one was having great success with boating fish let alone big fish!....we met a couple of guys from Illinois at our motel that come to Quinte on a regular basis and they only boated 1 small eye in 4 days...They were cursing the east wind that someone stayed around for days!!

It's only going to get better but we need some cooler weather now!

Last but not least, my new ride handled the rough water like a champ!...We were totally impressed!

Beauty report! The fish on your screen are mostly all in the kill zone. Lots of them though, WOW!

Thanks Roy...There definately were alot of deep fish on that last screen shot!!....I think though, that most of them may have been Whitefish but I could be wrong...do the Lake O eyes actually go down that deep?

Hooking up with old friends is always good Steve and sounds like you boyz had a fun trip despite the tough fishing.

Nice to hear the new ride worked as well as you figured it would too.

Thanks Lew...now that I've got the "Quinte Bug" out of me, it's time to hit the river for you know what ;)

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Guest gbfisher

...do the Lake O eyes actually go down that deep?

Not just lake 'o' fish..All lakes and deeper than what you see there.

There's a couple spots I know of that have been destroyed by people over fishing pickerel in depths of 60' and more. Not to mention the Musky they catch incidentally.

Most think they float when they die..... :rolleyes: