Bass Season.......June 30?

sconceptor

I know the Bass Season says it opens the last Saturday on June, but this year it's the 30th. That means only one day of Bass fishing in June, which blows. It'd be nice if they moved it to the 2nd last sat. of the month this year!

In other years, when the last saturday is the end of the month, do they adjust the seasons? It'd be nice to start to fish bass on the 23rd, which is pretty close to a normal season.

I'm not sure, but I recall Salmon season, which ends on the last saturday of the September. When it would fall on the last day of the month, they would move the season, to close on the 2nd last Saturday of the month.

Reason, why I ask, is sometimes Bass Season is open the week before the Canada Long Weekend. Lots of people start camping for that mid week, and bass would be open to fish for. However, it would appear that this year, everybody is going to have to wait till the Saturday to fish them. Mid week, will only be pike, walleye, and panfish.

This one caught me by surprise. I found at at one of the sportman shows that this year it is the 4th Sat in june...June 23rd., not June 30th. It was added to the ontario fisheries website in December. Lots of lodge operators were not aware of this till one pointed it out to me and I checked out the website and then called the ministry to be sure before I booked my trip.

Good to know guys, Thanks!!! Wish they'd print the new regs for this year.

I've done a few posts on this before, viewed it almost daily at work for the past 4years I think.

Born and raised in Kincardine. Currently work in the area too. Fish all species and am most fond of musky, pike, walleye, steelhead, salmon and bass. Can't choice a true favourite as it changes from week to week. PBs are 31.5 ince walleye from a lake in Quebec and a 41inche Pike from a lake talk about on this forum from time to time. Musky is only 42inches, but from the Saugeen River, which is more special than a Kawartha musky. Bass, I'm not yet to break 20inches(stuck on a few 19inch smallies) plan on breakin it this year. Steelhead is only 8lbs, but I finally did good on the big rivers in my area this year, about 20 for 40 over 8-10days in the fall. Salmon was pushing 30lbs, back in the days when Lake Huron Salmon were big and the fall runs were wild. I own a kayak for fishing, and a 14.5ft grummen matched with a 25hp Johnson 3 cylinder. I own thousands in gear and baits. I own a few higher end rods and reels(chornarchs, cardiffs, stadric, stradic mg, st.croix rods)I prefer Shimano over anything......thus Sconcept.